Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i wanted to be different, so i painted my slips white and purple, here is the process.

oh btw, there is over a foot of snow outside so i made a make shift paint shop in my apartment with fans and space heaters. was able to fit 2 on the living room floor and 2 on the dining room table.

Getting ready to be prepped

All my shit

Sanded and Cleaned

Ready for primer

First coat of primer ( did 2 coats )

Purple lip sprayed on (had to spray white cause the purple wouldnt show on the primer)

Forgot to take a pic of taping off the purple lip

First coat of white ( did 3 coats )

Took the tape off

Clear going on (did 3 coats)

Finished product

sorry for the shitty pics taken with my iphone

·
Registered
2 Posts
As you can tell, it was freezing since the windows were open and we had fans going.. but I gotta say, they look good and I'm looking forward to seeing them on your car.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Hot damn.. Finished product looks sick, so shiny and smooth. Did you follow the repaint your own wheel DIY? Looks like you did a better job, you should make a DIY out of those pictures :dunno:.

Different indeed :tup:

·
Registered
726 Posts
if you had the tires off, you couldve just stuffed them in your oven and bake baby.... but anyways looks really really good... i like them alot.. i wanna see how they would look on ur ssm car.. those wheels look sick

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
no i didnt follow the DIY. its very easy to do. i started at 8:30 with cleaning the wheels, then sanded it, cleaned them again, prime, paint, clear. done. finished at 12:30
Ahhh.. What grit did you use to sand them with? Did you only sand when you prepped? Or did you primer, sand, primer, sand, paint, sand, paint, sand, then clear?

I usually paint stuff how you do. I do sand, primer, paint, and clear. I've never done all the sanding in between coats. Just wanted to ask if you did, because it came out pretty damn good if you didn't. Looks so smooth and shiny :tup:

·
Registered
234 Posts
looks real good man. but iono about it being on ssm. i had white rims on my car for awhile, looked like shit. but the point is.... nice rims.

·
#1 nor cal flaker
1,787 Posts
looks really nice

Reactions: bryce023

·
Premium Member
36,802 Posts
came out nice. cant wait to see them on the car vin. and im sure fans just didnt cut it in a apartment with all that spray going on..lol

1 - 20 of 108 Posts