Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the black, 12ga, ground wire from the blower motor transistor grounds to the chassis?

There's two ground cables located behind the center console on the dashboard brace, but, those aren't it. Those are 18ga ground wires.
Service manual says g502. No pictures, or written location for reference in the FSM. Everyone, online, says it's the one dead center on the dashboard brace. Behind the cconsole.

Anyway. My blower motor only operates at fan speed #1. Unless I use a jumper wire from the blower transistor's black, 12ga, wire, directly to ground. Then, all four speed fan speeds work correctly.

I had Honda replace the heater core. They gave me the car back with only fan speed #1, denied breaking it, then, tried selling me a blower motor for $400, and quoted me the plastic box assembly part #, that doesn't include the fan with it.. I regrettably bought one from an online dealer for $90, and installed myself. That didn't fix it. So, I went to junkyard today. Picked out a blower motor power transistor, from an '04 Civic. Cut out the black 12ga ground pigtail, depinned, and unloomed the 12ga blue/black wire from the blower motor connector, to the power transistor connector.

I depinned my blue/black cable from the blower motor connector, and the power transistor connector. Depinned the black ground wire from my power transistor connector. Pinned in my temporary blue/black wire from the blower motor to the power transistor. Pinned in my jumper wire for the 12ga, black, ground wire. Connected aligator clips to my temporary ground. When I touch the 12ga wire, to ground, all four fan speeds work.

So, long story short, Honda screwed up the ground cable leading from the blower motor transistor.

The harness containing said ground was crushed in-between two metal dashboard stays.

Yay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The blower motor was plugged into the factory fog lights. 🤦‍♂️

I should have started by checking their work under the center console first... 🤦‍♂️

Everything works, again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts