Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol.. so i see i got your attention.

long story short, popped out tires to do the springs install, but didnt have enough time so decided on spraying the calipers and rear drums with some red paint and dry over night (so that next day i can do the springs).

only prob is, not only did I paint the entire caliper including the brake pads, despite of covering the rotors pretty nicely, i've got some strains of paint marks on the rotors themselves. someone suggested to just drive the car and it should wear off.

suggestions?

·
Ricer 4 Life!
1,302 Posts
why didnt u judt take off the calipers and rear drums. but having paint on them should do anything it should just wear off. and why red you should just got some brembos or willwoods if u wanted red calipers. and i would have done gloss black. but can u post some pics bro i wanna see how they came out

·
Registered
809 Posts
If its not too much on the rotor, you can just drive it off. Next time to avoid the mess, get the Dupicolor caliper paint. It will also last longer than the spray on stuff.

·
I DRIVE A GAY SCHOOL BUS!!!!
1,774 Posts
I re-did mine with the Duplicolor paint since the first time I did it, it started chipping. So when I re-did them I cleared them also, but I was sure to mask everything carefully. If it isn't too bad you can just drive it off.

BTW, I am wanting to do my rear drums with a simple gloss black, anything wrong with that?

·
mothafckin caveman
2,090 Posts
wow....taking the calipers and drums off takes less than 15 min.

i hope u used high temp paint or it will start to chip soon.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i painted my calipers and drums black, and it looks nice. if anything, take off the calipers and drums, and repaint them with a gloss black, give it a few layers too. then its nice and clean and not bright and ricey.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts