Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts

Seriously I like the attention to detail you have on the mods you are doing but if you had bother to do a search on here we already have a thread about plasti dip. Yes it is awesome. The door panels looks too damn ricer.

This looks like Hitler's mustache for some odd reason (Maybe I look at too much racist stuff)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yea the bumper "stache" was just experimental, I took it off because it was slowing peeling from the sides but left the grill black. Looks nice, and yea most of you guys just want everyone to slam their car and black out their lights, etc. etc. I like to be different and if you don't like it then fine. I'm not a sellout.

Also, I think the blue lip on the rims looks sexy, and the blue window trim matches that. I did the lip blue because I hate the overplayed red lip. The rubber weather stripping on the side of the door I peeled off to give the car a cleaner look.

I guess you guys just don't have any original style. Too bad...

Oh and Top Gun, I liked your build thread until you sold out and went to the "gay" side :queer:. Should've kept your white rims and whited out your light housing and get some white/reflective tint. Hell maybe clear tail lights would've matched perfectly. Too bad...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh and I did do a search on plasti-dip already thank you very much. Found one thread that was pretty weak and decided to talk about it and actually explain its many uses. :coffee:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Clear tail lights is a baddddddd thing too.

:ricer:
So your saying the 2010-2007 STi's are ricer???

Clear tails are on lexus's and many other cars, not ricer at all.

In fact, the definition of Ricer is trying to make your car LOOK like it performs more than it does, i.e. fake hood scoops, large wings for downforce that you don't need, huge mufflers to sound like GT cars, etc.

·
Registered
811 Posts
So your saying the 2010-2007 STi's are ricer???

In fact, the definition of Ricer is trying to make your car LOOK like it performs more than it does, i.e. fake hood scoops, large wings for downforce that you don't need, huge mufflers to sound like GT cars, etc.
Oh I forgot this is a web page for STIs and overpriced Toyotas.

I wasn't talking about other cars. For the most part, putting clear "altezza" tails on your Honda is a huge Faux Pas. Go look through the "Local Ricer" thread, and look at ugly tail lights. LOL

·
SUPREME
1,718 Posts
Yea the bumper "stache" was just experimental, I took it off because it was slowing peeling from the sides but left the grill black. Looks nice, and yea most of you guys just want everyone to slam their car and black out their lights, etc. etc. I like to be different and if you don't like it then fine. I'm not a sellout.

Also, I think the blue lip on the rims looks sexy, and the blue window trim matches that. I did the lip blue because I hate the overplayed red lip. The rubber weather stripping on the side of the door I peeled off to give the car a cleaner look.

Oh and Top Gun, I liked your build thread until you sold out and went to the "gay" side :queer:. Should've kept your white rims and whited out your light housing and get some white/reflective tint. Hell maybe clear tail lights would've matched perfectly. Too bad...
All of that stuff came with my car, i liked the Halos but they didn't give off enough light at night and didn't flow with the look i wanted. The rims wouldn't fit on my car, and had a bunch or curb rash. As i learned about mods and whats good and whats bad my taste for parts improved. Its your ride do what you want with it but remember you did put it on the net for other people to view so when you get criticized on it don't get all but hurt. I still plan on doing white headlights bro My car is far from being done. But like i said before good luck with your future mods :tup:

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Looks nice, and yea most of you guys just want everyone to slam their car and black out their lights, etc. etc.
When you're new to a tuner forum and people tell you "Needs a drop" that's usually an inside joke on majority of the tuner forums. Lrn2sarcasm

I like to be different and if you don't like it then fine. I'm not a sellout. I guess you guys just don't have any original style. Too bad...
It's cool you want to be different but there's a difference between succeeding and failing. Do you not realize that a blue/silver exterior clashes with a red/black interior?

Oh and I did do a search on plasti-dip already thank you very much. Found one thread that was pretty weak and decided to talk about it and actually explain its many uses. :coffee:
I don't know what made that thread weak as it basically points out the obvious with pictures and videos.

That's what makes the clear tails ricerish, they were meant for the Toyota Altezza not for the Honda family, Chevrolet family, and etc.

Just like other words in the American English language words tend to change meanings. Ricer nowadays not only means what you have described but also points out to the cosmetic flaws and driving abilities.

A lot of people here are willing to give helpful advice to someone who's open to criticism but if you're not willing to understand the flaws in your logic then by all means don't bother sharing what you got. I'm openly sarcastic to a lot of people but I'm also willing to give serious advice/help when someone looks like they're about to hit a brick wall with no safety restraints.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Also, I think the blue lip on the rims looks sexy, and the blue window trim matches that.
And most people think it looks like shit. So if you enjoy it, fine, don't try and call people out becaue they don't like it.

No everyone enjoys something that looks good, not like crap. Should get some blue neon and blue wire loom for under the hood so something will match.

:iough:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
holy crap, i feel like i just read an infomercial for plasti dip. oh lawdy "originality" is so mainstream
Hey, didn't MURD3R_ES1 tell you about his new organization. It opened JUST for people like you and him

Join it NOW, it needs your support.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And most people think it looks like shit. So if you enjoy it, fine, don't try and call people out becaue they don't like it.

No everyone enjoys something that looks good, not like crap. Should get some blue neon and blue wire loom for under the hood so something will match.

:iough:
Whoa, looks like someone's jealous of my progress while his civic is going nowhere...what a shame. You there are these things called JOBS, its what pays for expenses, etc. Maybe you should get one of these, then maybe you can "progress" with your "build". Better yet, hows about we finish High School first and grow a pair, THEN maybe we'll know how to hold a job. ;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts