Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
K-Series Legend
2,307 Posts
like when i first install the alternator we put a volt meter to it on the box it said it was going to charge the battery at 12.6 and it was so it is not like it isn't
Shouldnt it be like 13 or 14?

·
Retired Mod
10,304 Posts
Should be around 14 - 14.5 actually. I'm fighting with my electrical system as well so I feel your pain. Check the alternator and ELD (Electrical Load Detection) fuses to see if one of them is partially blown. It happens.

·
K-Series Legend
2,307 Posts
Check the alternator and ELD (Electrical Load Detection) fuses to see if one of them is partially blown. It happens.
I can vouch for that LOL.. both of mine went at the same time.. alt and ELD

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Should be around 14 - 14.5 actually. I'm fighting with my electrical system as well so I feel your pain. Check the alternator and ELD (Electrical Load Detection) fuses to see if one of them is partially blown. It happens.
no doubt where do i find that i am guessing in the fuse box but i don't wanna look like and idoit

·
Premium Member
12,397 Posts
ELD is in the fuse box and it has a shiny brown top, to take it out you gotta lift up the whole fuse box, unclip the black cover on the bottom than unplug the ELD and screw in the new one, you gotta take one 50amp and one 100amp fuse out to remove the ELD...both are held in by two gold phillips head screws

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ELD is in the fuse box and it has a shiny brown top, to take it out you gotta lift up the whole fuse box, unclip the black cover on the bottom than unplug the ELD and screw in the new one, you gotta take one 50amp and one 100amp fuse out to remove the ELD...both are held in by two gold phillips head screws
it is a gold box thing
and my is 80 and a 40 amp

·
Premium Member
12,397 Posts
no its no gold box, let me see if i can find a pic
its on the bottom of fuse box and its in the middle of two fuses that are screwed in, it sits flush with the fuse box, its not raised or anything like the gold one your talking about

·
Retired Mod
10,304 Posts
The new updated part # for the ELD without fuse box replacement is....38255-S5A-003 - $30.00.

You can thank FoSho from Civforums for that P/N.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts