Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently have been to disassembling my 05 civic original strut assembly when all the bearings fell out of the top mount. Is the bearing just shot and needed to be replaced or is this normal. It happened exactly the same on both sides and I haven’t seen anyone else having this problem. Both springs and shocks have ready replacements and all they need is the top hat.

·
Super Moderator
64 Posts
So I recently have been to disassembling my 05 civic original strut assembly when all the bearings fell out of the top mount. Is the bearing just shot and needed to be replaced or is this normal. It happened exactly the same on both sides and I haven’t seen anyone else having this problem. Both springs and shocks have ready replacements and all they need is the top hat.
I recommend replacing the top mounts when you do struts because it's enough of a pita that you don't want to do it twice if one gives up. The plastic carrier probably rotted on the old ones and let the balls out. i've seen other cars start rattling on bumps when this happens.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.