Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I DRIVE A GAY SCHOOL BUS!!!!
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a catback for the car and wanted to stay within a $300 max. The options are a Strup catback or a Megan Racing catback. Both are 2 1/2", both mandrel bent, stainless steel, etc.

Strup: http://www.hopupracing.com/stcatbaexhoc.html

Megan:http://www.hopupracing.com/merastexhoci.html

Will those with both please chime in? The only reason I'm hesitant to get the Megan is because I've read on a few forums that their welds don't hold up, and will eventually rust. They both look nearly identical so the Strup looks like a good bet.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
I wouldn't really trust either...I have an HKS Hi-Power axleback for sale if you want...now thats quality :tup:

·
Tom Ludlow
597 Posts
Matt I say this from experience that Megan Drift Spec is the best one. It has the perfect amount of deepness a good exhaust must have. I'm not sure if u had a chance to see it in person when yall had the Texas Meet 2 because em2_4_me had it on. Go with megan :tup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
seems like theres a lot of megan vs ___ threads lately bc all i seem to be typing is how i love my megan exhaust except how it seems to be a little loud on the highway but it doesnt sound ricey at all and has a deep sound

·
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I heard Cody's and I do like it, it's just that the Strup seems to be the exact same thing for cheaper. The Strup welds are better quality based off what I've been reading online.

·
Tom Ludlow
597 Posts
I heard Cody's and I do like it, it's just that the Strup seems to be the exact same thing for cheaper. The Strup welds are better quality based off what I've been reading online.
I highly doubt strup is the same exact thing as megan. I bet it will start turning yellowish after few months, megan is bright polished forever. Never gets any kinds of stains. Plus it has a mean looking angle, not the good old straight angle.

·
7th Gen Houston CoFounder
1,098 Posts
i dont even gotta say anything....megan ftw! lol...i seriously doubt that welds will give out...and i know for a fact that the megan wont loose its finish and get dull looking

·
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I highly doubt strup is the same exact thing as megan. I bet it will start turning yellowish after few months, megan is bright polished forever. Never gets any kinds of stains. Plus it has a mean looking angle, not the good old straight angle.
You have no proof that it won't rust, and the Strup is angled too. If you look at the add, they are the same diameter, and made of the same metal (stainless steel).

·
Tom Ludlow
597 Posts
You have no proof that it won't rust, and the Strup is angled too. If you look at the add, they are the same diameter, and made of the same metal (stainless steel).
Matt I've had megan since forever, and til now whenever I just wash it little bit from outside it looks like a brand new exhaust. Alot of exhaust manufacturers say stainless steel, true, but they do become dull. Not stained but dull instead. Having same diameters will not help the overall quality.

In the end it's your choice. :tup:

·
Registered
191 Posts
There are many different grades of stainless steel. Some grades are nowhere near as corrosion resistant as others, yet still can be called stainless.

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
I have had the megan cat back drift spec exhaust on my car for about 4 years no rust what so ever. that exhaust is tuff as nails I have thrown everything at it even spun backwards into a log at 75 mph and all it did was put a small ding in the can. it sounds really nice expecialy if you have the megan header and cat delete. I highly recomend this exhaust it is hard to beat especially with the price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts