Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 426 Posts

·
I DRIVE A GAY SCHOOL BUS!!!!
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Everyone has been asking about another get together and it seems like the DFW area is the next choice. It will be on April 25th in Dallas, and April 26th in Bedford.

First Day
Date: Saturday April 25th, 2009. 2:00PM

Place: BenCronin's House
2616 Hudson Crossing, McKinney TX

We will be meeting at Ben's house at 2:00PM, then from there we will be hitting up a cruise route (look below), and grabbing some food. Everybody needs to park on the side of the street where Ben's house is. Then we will head back to the main hotel and eat and drink/whatever. Here is the cruise route:

-Make a left onto FM1827 North
-Right onto 545East
-This is where it gets a touch confusing. At a town called Blue Ridge
turn left onto TX 78 Business Route
-almost immediately turn right onto FM 981 East
-There will be a fork to turn onto FM 1562, do not take it, continue down 981 East
-Turn left onto US 69 There will be a good opportunity to take on fuel in a small town
-exit off of US 69 to go to Highway 697
-at Sherman, it gets confusing again. end of twisties
-Turn right onto Highway 11
-Turn left onto Lamar Street
-Turn left onto US 75 South (if you have had enough, proceed south to DFW)
-Exit and make a right onto FM 455 West
-resume twisties
-twisties end in a town called Celina. Here you can make a left onto 289, which later becomes Preston Road. According to Mapquest it is about 16 miles from here to Stonebriar mall. Food court and movie theater if you feel like a good break.

Second Day
Date: Sunday April 26th, 2009. 9:00AM

Place: Pennington Field, Bedford
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...758,-97.134526&spn=0.005788,0.008926&t=h&z=16

For anyone that wants to join the next day, there is an Auto-X event in Bedford, a few of us will be coming, you don't have to race, but if you want it is $35 to sign up, but free to watch. You will need to be there at 8:00am for tech/sign-up but for those that want to watch you can be there around 10:00am.

Official hotel for those that are staying:
Motel 6
7804 Bedford Euless Road
I-820 at Bedford Euless Road/SR 26, Exit #22-A
North Richland Hills, TX, 76180

http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.aspx?num=1336

1) Matt V
2) BenCronin04
3) AequitasVeritas (Noble)
4) em2foo (James)
5) o2civicEm2
6) GentleGiant (Chris)
7) em2_4_me (Cody)
8) Depotcivic (Carlos)
9) MidnightCivic (depending on work)
10) E,M. Squared
11) Longbed
12) Aliefjoker
13) Alpha 5 (Matt)
14) 04cvc86
15) slowwhitecivic

Also, I think we learned from the last meet that we need a grille. If someone is willing to bring a grille let me know.

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
I am DOWN like US Airways Flight 1549
Not funny.

I would be in for this. It has been a while since I made it to any of the DFW meets.:tup:

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
I might be able to make this one. I'll just wait and see what the date winds up being, my schedule's too weird. Working weekends ftl.

·
Tom Ludlow
597 Posts
I think it's way too soon. We shud give pple some time in getting their desired parts after seeing it on other pple's rides on this meeting at Austin. Like Lips, Drops, Rims etc... Everyone who showed up were mainly anxious to see some clean 7th gens and meet their owners, but I don't think many pple will be interested in driving soo far once again this soon.

Just my point of view. I'll def. try showing up to this one if many pple agrees on doing it.

·
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's more than a month away, and who cares if they don't have what they want in time, I won't have what I want for awhile, it's just part of the game.

If you don't like it you can go next time.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
dude what are you talking about you didnt even go.......
and as far as dallas im down for that if i can get some more money together

·
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet, I'm hoping the Dallas guys can chime in with some ideas. I'll put the 25th up but I'll leave it open as far as plans.

1 - 20 of 426 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.