Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

SRS Light, DTC 9-3 means faulty driver side belt buckle

13K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  jamesnobles 
#1 ·
So I was able to determine the SRS code using Bomerman's instructions.
I am getting DTC 9-3. Which means its a faulty driver side belt buckle.
I reset the SRS light following the Spartan's DIY video here and when I wiggle my belt buckle, the SRS comes back on.
Anyone have this problem before? Is it a pretty simple procedure to replace the belt buckle?
I heard Honda has a lifetime warranty for replacing faulty belt buckles, but the thing is, I put in EP3 seats, but kept the stock rails and belt buckle set.
You think the dealer would still honor the warranty?

#2 ·
i doubt they would, but yes it is very easy to replace....just unbolt the seat and turn it to the side than undo the one bolt that holds the buckle on, undo the connector underneath and snake it through the seat rail. Reverse that for the new one, clear the code and your done

#15 ·
Went to a Honda dealer in woodbridge and they said that it is going to be $360 to fix and that is not going to be covered under any sort of warranty..Anyone???

#17 ·
Gona have to look into that...Maybe even call Honda Canada...

#19 ·
This is kind of an old thread but I was wondering if anyone has had this light come back on after replacing the belt buckle. When I bought my 7th gen EX 10 years ago the dealership replaced the belt buckle. The light came back on but I had moved so I had another dealership replace it and then the light comes back on again. I moved a third time so this weekend a third shop wants to replace the same part. Obviously something else is causing the belt buckle light to return but the dealerships do not speak to each other. What else could it be and if it is something else is this issue convered under warranty when their is more involved then just the buckle? By the way the light returns after a couple days to weeks I do not remember which. Its been years I have been driving with the light on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.