Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had a quick questions regarding coilover sleeves for those who use them (or those who know..)

after a while did your sleeves start making creeking noises?
if your using your stuck struts did you have to modify?
if your using aftermarket struts which ones did you do (or would recommened for a 3" drop)
and what type of sleeves are you using? are you comfertable w/ the ride? or would you go full coilovers?

thanks for input!

*oh yea and if you had a pic of your drop would be cool (or a link in the drop pic thread)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
my car makes loud creeking noises only when i turn going slow or at a stop,
my coilover just slipped right in, no modification needed.
the ride on my car sucks because its bouncy and yes i would go full coilovers

·
Registered
418 Posts
my car makes loud creeking noises only when i turn going slow or at a stop,
my coilover just slipped right in, no modification needed.
the ride on my car sucks because its bouncy and yes i would go full coilovers

ohh bro i know whaT your going through i got sleeved coils on my sTock shocksand itS soooo bouncy and my shiT is blown To Tell u tHe truth the sleeved are noT good on stock shocks cuz they are noT meanT fOr iT...but yea tHeres no way u can fix the bouncing unless u get aftermarkeT shocks...and That loud creeking sound your hearing u have To adjust your sleeves by Turning Them when i put mine on and dropped my car my springs popped into place...oh and i forgoT tO menTion That your bumpstops might wearout, trusT me iT happend to me already ThaTs why i swapped iT ouT and goT the tein basics less stress

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
ohh bro i know whaT your going through i got sleeved coils on my sTock shocksand itS soooo bouncy and my shiT is blown To Tell u tHe truth the sleeved are noT good on stock shocks cuz they are noT meanT fOr iT...but yea tHeres no way u can fix the bouncing unless u get aftermarkeT shocks...and That loud creeking sound your hearing u have To adjust your sleeves by Turning Them when i put mine on and dropped my car my springs popped into place...oh and i forgoT tO menTion That your bumpstops might wearout, trusT me iT happend to me already ThaTs why i swapped iT ouT and goT the tein basics less stress
i know that the sleeves weren't made for stock shocks, but it was tha fastest way to drop my car. im waiting for a friend of mine to give me his tein SSP's. as for bump stops i got alot of them so i keep replacing them...LOL

·
Registered
418 Posts
i know that the sleeves weren't made for stock shocks, but it was tha fastest way to drop my car. im waiting for a friend of mine to give me his tein SSP's. as for bump stops i got alot of them so i keep replacing them...LOL
damn bro i felT thaT way i wanted to drop my car the easiest way but iT wasnt That smart my car bounces sooo much iTS toooo soft...im happy wiTh my basics but i wanna get flexs and The edFc soo i can adjust the stifFness while im driving...my friend has The ss on his 01 rides hella smootH...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you guys ever just remove the bump stops completley? or did you just cut them? ..or leave them as is..

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
at first i had it off, no difference! then i cut my stock ones and put it on. then 6 months later the front wore out so i replaced them...it wore out pretty fast!

·
BWAAAAA
15,050 Posts
stock struts= no good lol and k projekt is there a reason why random letters are capital when you type? jw I'm curious are you on a phone or something?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ya i wondered taht too..haha..like his T.. hahah
oh well.. at least he contributed! =P

·
Registered
418 Posts
did you guys ever just remove the bump stops completley? or did you just cut them? ..or leave them as is..
i cut them the cover fOr your shocks is the parT i cuT ofF buT i really dont see a reason to cut it cuz tHe cover is To prevent dirt on your shit

·
BWAAAAA
15,050 Posts
u didn't answer the capital question

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think he was refering to the other guy...haha

but yes, thanks for your input nhbpcp

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh ya btw nhbpcp
how much did u drop ur ride w/ the stock 15's on?

thinking of switiching to 16's w/ 45's and didnt want to have a gap..
im on 215/40/17 and almost at my lowest point on my sleeves and have the perfect height..just barley tucking in..so i wanted to know if id have a gap if i went down to 205/45/16

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
i dont really know exactly how much i dropped it but all i know is that its all the lowest setting and i took out one of those adjusting thing out....

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh you took one of the locking coils out?..nice.haha
do you have any side pics of ur ride? or of the wheel wells/tire gaps (or lack there of..)?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts