Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt alarm, I just got some new recardo seats in with harnesses and I don't know how to take off the light or the sound and it's driving me crazy, anything will be helpful.

·
I love whale penis
5,006 Posts
theres a wire under the seat...i think 3 of em with a harness, just stripped the harness....but if u strip it i think the air bag will not work or something like that....

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was also suggested this but I want my airbag to work it help me before although it also knocked me out but I would like it to work. Isn't there a way to bypass it somehow?

·
I Quit, So What?
5,818 Posts
Do u have the stock harness hooked up and the lights on or did u not hook up the stock harness. When i swaped my seats in i took the seat belt bucket and the wire harnass that was snaped the the oem seat and just shoved it under my seat and hooked it up and there was no light. Now if u have a light in the dash and the system is hooked up then u have to reset it. LMN if thats the case cause i know how to reset it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
remove the seat belt thingie from your stock seat and attach it to your recaro seat. thats what i did. Andyman was kind enuff to show me whole procedure in person:)

·
I Quit, So What?
5,818 Posts
remove the seat belt thingie from your stock seat and attach it to your recaro seat. thats what i did. Andyman was kind enuff to show me whole procedure in person:)
x2. just swap the seat belt piece and then ur gonna have to reset ur srs light. Theres a DIY on civicforums i believe that i used. All u need is a piece of electrical tape and a paperclip. I'll go find it and post it for u.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I haven't been able to try since I'm on a trip and I took my other civic but I already reseted the srs light but when I get back home I'll give it another go, hopefully I can get that light off, thanks to everyone for there input, very much appreciated.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally back home! I did the trick that 02civicrider recommended and it worked but I'm selling my seats to my bro. I'm looking for some rsx tan seats since it matches my interior. Thanks for everyones imput.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seat belt alarm has given me problems and hassled me for over two years. During this time, I managed to try absolutely all the methods that were mentioned on the Internet, but nothing helped. I even went to the service center and they were able to solve this problem, but only for a while, then it arose again. As a result, the only thing that helped me was buying a new seat belt extender and this article on how to turn off the seatbelt alarm. After that, this problem no longer bothered me. I advise you to try it too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts