Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK so when i drive, and i hit bumps i hear a tapping noise. couldnt find it where it was coming from til today, i open the trunk and move the carpet and i see this..

how do i fix this? how bad is this?

·
ProjectPeakboostD17
3,211 Posts
^^ x2 it's a blown strut looks like the shaft blew through the top.

·
Premium Member
36,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lulz, fuck i hate this car. but do you think its a blown strut, or the piston ripped the rubber off the tower and it made it come through like that?

·
ProjectPeakboostD17
3,211 Posts
Either way you need a new strut but from the looks of it, the strut compressed past "stopping" point and blew up threw the rubber. Did you hit a pothole?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
haha, sorry to laugh but that is just bad news. You shouldn't even second guess buying new struts/shocks.

·
Premium Member
36,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Either way you need a new strut but from the looks of it, the strut compressed past "stopping" point and blew up threw the rubber. Did you hit a pothole?
no potholes. so if the strut came through the strut tower, would it make more sence to replace that?

steve dont be cheap, its blown!!!!
shut up slut. im not cheap.

haha, sorry to laugh but that is just bad news. You shouldn't even second guess buying new struts/shocks.
i am thou..lulz

·
The Almighty
25,301 Posts
he has aftermarket, skunk2 coils with bilstiens

·
ProjectPeakboostD17
3,211 Posts
Steve, You're going to have to replace the top rubber mount regardless but you also need new struts. Don't make me start calling you RJ.

·
Premium Member
36,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lulz, sigh. well i guess i can just order 2 more rear struts. and some top mounts.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Turns out my friends car was having this same problem. We could hear the noise but I was unable to pin point what was happening. Thanks exturbo!

We took some speed bumps with a full car the other night and I'm thinking that's when this happend. They were mighty big speed bumps.

·
ProjectPeakboostD17
3,211 Posts
RJ, Don't make me elbow drop you. Replace your rubber and struts.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I've got some extra strength duct tape I've been wanting to try out, I'll let you know how it goes!

We're probably gona' go ahead and replace the entire tower. Get them used off of a junkyard.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts