Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay heres my dilemma, I want the '04 style type r rear lip but i have an '03, so i would have to buy an '04 bumper just to use the '04 type r rear. my question is, what exactly is the fitment issue if I were to try to put the '04 rear on the '03 other then the flare? Cant i just support the the sides with screws and the rest with double sided tape? or is the '04 bigger in a sense. I dont like the look of the '03 type r style

Here's the '04 type R rear style

Heres the '03 Type R Rear Style

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think it would fit a kind of weird, wont be perfect fit for sure. And when you put it on, the area where the 04-05 bumper flares out, the lip will follow that flare, but in your case, you will see your bumper going the other way in the mud flap area.

·
Pro chopsticker
779 Posts
buy an 04-05 rear bumper and then 04-05 rear lip? :dunno:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the point is that i dont want to drop extra money for the rear bumper and get it painted to just get that lip so if i can save money there and just put that lip on my '03 bumper i'll be very happy because i can save a couple hundred

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I would say goodluck with your exhaust and that lip. I melted mine and i have a 4" tip.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would say goodluck with your exhaust and that lip. I melted mine and i have a 4" tip.
I have the rear kaminari on and the lip touches the rear lip and still hsant melted yet, been on for over a month. i'd prolly readjust the hanger anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts