Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just bought an 05 civic ex 5 speed today, and it has 50k miles on it. It is in perfect condition inside and out. Well I have drove the car less than 50 miles when all of the sudden I notice that there is a rattle under the passenger seat. You can hear it really well, too well, inside. Outside it's not as bad, and you can't hear it from the front. It does this at about 1800 and/or 1600 rpm only. It has me really pissed off because I just got it today... I really hope it isn't a bad problem. Please help me :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know man. Like I said I just received the car today and I am pretty damn mad that it's not working correctly... Should I just jack it up myself? Or bring it back to the dealer and make them fix it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll do it first thing tomorrow. Like I said it has me pissed and if something is fucked up I will be getting some money back or else. I just payed 10.6k for this thing because I love it. But it better be worth that money.

·
needs more -camber
3,589 Posts
have you scrape your exhaust?

It happen to me one time on my stock exhaust, i scrape it and it pushed up towards the heat sheild which is right about underneath the passenger seat.....I heard it more while inside the car, than i did being outside the car....only happen low rpms too

just saying that might of happen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol I just got this car, but it is possible the person before me could have scraped. This morning it hasn't done it yet.. Yea I was really wanting an RSX, but living in Missouri you can't find one without so much travel, and the insurance was wayy too much for me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Holy jeebus.. seriously.. how many miles on it?

And it could be the heat shield above the cat. I think mine did that and I just got used to it.. :dunno:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
49,584 miles. The car is literally in perfect condition. I love this thing. RSX insurance in Missouri is crazy... :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts