Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 20 of 323 Posts

·
BWAAAAA
15,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea i know i don't belong but i figure ill show you guys what I'm up to... some of you know me and what Ive been doing. so yea I'm going to link to my thread from ip for everything up to where I'm up now. this weekend was up and down.
yesterday:
I'm done for the day... i took out my water pump to find NO gasket just some ****. GREAT. so i put everything back with the new gasket and i have to torque the 6mm bolts to 9 ftlbs and the 8mm to 16ftlbs... well what happens on the last bolt.the torque wrench didn't click and SNAP bolt broke off in the block..... FUCK so i went to PEP BOYS lol my least fav store to go but its the only open now... got screw extractors and came home to a pretty routine screw extraction.... all that worrying for
nothing.... well the only thing i got to worry about now is where am i going to get another bolt... but other than that alls good head gasket replace to follow.

this is the water pump exactly how it came out.... no gasket

the water pump outlet

the extracted bolt

today:
went pretty good. besides snapping a socket. everything was by the book and OK here are some pics.
random shot of my 3 babys... bad pic but i had the 80mm lens on and didn't feel like backing up across the street. lol

cams and head bolts.

head off

head

old head gasket.

new head gasket

dirty pistons.... don't worry i cleaned them.

cams

cams

water pump still sitting on valve cover. waiting on new bolt for it. then i can put it on and then the timing belt.

motor... cleaned up the Tannie alil but still dirty :(

thinking about stock black for the color of the valve color... i don't like extreme anymore

·
BWAAAAA
15,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol ok ok, k20 is in the future of my hatch. but when more people do it because right now its so rare.... there are mounts and everything but i want to wait. i thought about it. but i want to see this b18 up and running.

·
BWAAAAA
15,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol dont know yet... kinda excited that there is going to be no more smoke.haha.. but the reason why im not doing anything yet. is i wanna do it one at a time.... i had a bunch of parts but sold it in down time like 3 years ago. so im back to stock. but im planning on doing one thing run it and add something else then run it.... sooo yea.. ... im so dumb for getting rid of the shit. but w/e
headers
trying to get all my msd shit off my old teg.
cams/cam gears/ valve springs/retainers etc prob next
intake mani/ TB
injectors/fuelrail/pressure regulator/fuel pump.

etc... but if i can i wanna take that whole motor from my old gsr and work with that :D
im still in planning now tho...

·
I love Greenie
14,505 Posts
lmao @ your sig... Video was kinda funny and disturbing at the same time.

Thought you might like this:

·
BWAAAAA
15,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol thanks albino.
and ray. i dunno i was going to do it while the head was off. but i really didnt want to get any dirt into the pistons or in the coolant. so i was kinda going to leave it since you wont see it. you guys think i should clean/paint the trans?

·
BWAAAAA
15,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha i saw a good one but i cant find it now

·
BWAAAAA
15,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i had a good day.. i went to acura to see if they had the water pump bolt. and oddly enough they did. lol and the cost.......$1.47 whens the last time you went to the dealership and payed that much. lol well water pump is in. was a bit careful putting in the bolts that need 16 ft lbs i actually set it to 14lbs jic its only 2 out of 5 bolts so I'm sure it will be OK. well so thats it

·
BWAAAAA
15,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i got some frame work done today.... banged out the spot for the alternator and all the marks looked like crap so i decided even tho it will never be seen except for someone looking down there. i would make it look nice... so after some hitting i grinded and bondod and painted.... heres what i got done...
the start temp paint so it would not rust...

the frame sanded and ground.

bondoooo

sanded the bondo

painttt

ehh looks ok...
dang i need to drive this soon

would have been a good pic but the tarp was in the way...

yea so i needed to hit the frame out before the motor goes back in... just a nice clean and paint for the bay and im all set... :)
opinions?

·
Premium Member
36,802 Posts
lol nice man. get a move on it already so i can come over and drop that motor in man! looks good thou..keep itup.

·
BWAAAAA
15,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so disapointed its going back to saxtony blue... :/ but its good for now

·
BWAAAAA
15,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh and video on the way... got bored made a video.. ehhh

·
BWAAAAA