Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
BWAAAAA
15,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK well i started at a new building today, i switch often to go to high priority jobs... i got there at 430am so pretty dark i go in and head to work.... break time comes around 9am i goto my car to get my lunch. and on my way back in something catches my eye.... hellooooo i saw these beauties (pic one) abandoned Mazda rx7 and a Nissan 240sx. WOW both need work but the bodys almost flawless. its behind a gas station and they look like abandoned by there owner due to the cost of the repair or what not. (this used to happen all the time when i worked at a shop) this was a lot with maybe 13 abandoned cars with no license plates...soo i think we may be in luck
Nissan: dent rear quarter panel paint 85%
Mazda: 95% flawless scratch on front bumper paint (unknown, no clue if its just dusty or paint is dull.
they both look like the have been there for at least 2 years....

i send Steve (exturbo6) a pic and he says we should make a project car....SHIT I'm in... but we still dont know if the guy will take an offer for it.... so we dont know

were still in the thinking/planning stages. we are just striking up an idea....
I'm really hoping for the rx7
worse case scenario: blown motor.
i heard rotary engines are pretty easy to rebuild/turbo
this is a non turbo but we can fix that..
now anyone here know about rotaries? what should i look for?
and also i would like opinions on what you guys think? sound like a good idea? think it will be too much work?
like i said nothing definant yet still thinking and hoping he will be willing to sell

again this would be a project for Steve and i so just let us know your opinions... thanks

·
Want To Ride My Trike?
6,330 Posts
who in their right mind would abandon a RX.....wow that's sad. one of my roommates has a 240 he's trying to get rid of, black on black....

i say go for the RX, it's hard to find that gen just lying around somewhere i think

·
yeah...u mad lol
6,883 Posts
Heard 7's are a bitch to maintain and always something wrong with them :shrug:

I'd get the 240 and RB swap it.

·
BWAAAAA
15,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

yea but it wont be a DD so ya know? almost worth the rx7

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
There's an rx7 at a shop i drive past, owners been meaning to fix it up, or was going to sell to my friend but he couldn't get it to run :(.

great cars when fixed up and looking awesome

·
Registered
434 Posts
fuk that...get that badass neon next to em. JK! get the fd

·
BWAAAAA
15,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was eying it down lol

·
K-Series Legend
2,307 Posts

Only when you boost them...

But im already doing the 240.. go RX LOL... dont be a copy cat! :)

·
BWAAAAA
15,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol cause i have 50gs to drop

·
K-Series Legend
2,307 Posts
def dont want a ls1, keep it imported, not need to taint it with american crap..lol
thats how i feel.. Seriously a lot of my friends always tell me to LS swap this.. if i was going to put a different motor in any car.. or the rx... F22c :) honda

·
Premium Member
36,802 Posts
thats how i feel.. Seriously a lot of my friends always tell me to LS swap this.. if i was going to put a different motor in any car.. or the rx... F22c :) honda

lol yeah. i mean if i wanted a american car, id buy one. i think that would be disrespectful.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
If it was me.. If i got the 240, do the s20 swap and sylvia conversion on it and drift it like a crazy bitch. But If i am picking between the two. I would personally get the RX7, build it as a rotary, and make it looks clean and haul balls. I love the RX7s and i think a rotary would be fun to work with. Plus that model of Rx7 is getting more and more scarse. You dont know have to look hard for an 89 240.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts