Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 2002 civic coupe lx, My keyless remote will lock and unlock the passenger side, but it will not move the drivers side lock.If I manually lock the door and then use the remote it will arm the alarm like normal. It is a real pain in the ass, can you guys help?:dunno:

·
The Almighty
25,301 Posts
yes, ur drivers side door lock actuator is probably bad, while inside the car doors closed, does the door lock work on the drivers side? i bet it doesnt. if it dont, i would replace the actuator, 25 bucks, its common

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yep, most likely the actuator. There is a switch in the drivers door that monitors the position of the lock knob being up or down.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I picked up a actuator today,and Iwas wondering if the remote will have to be reprogrammed?

·
The Almighty
25,301 Posts
shouldnt, it has its own reciever

·
Registered
715 Posts
My passenger side actuator has over time gotten really slow if it sits for while. (2-8 hours) Weird thing is if you work the power lock button a few time it works fine for a while. I have to watch now because sometimes it will not go far enough down to lock door.

·
Ricer 4 Life!
1,302 Posts
i have some what the same problem. my driver side door locks with the key in the door but when i try to lock it from the inside the lock wont move. i kno my actuator is fine but i think its the metal rod that is connected to it all, might be the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts