Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. Im a little new to these forums so dont bash 2 hard. Anyways i know a little bit about engines and turbos but not nearly enough as most of you do. Anyways I was searching ebay today and found a cheap and cool turbo kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...tegoryZ33742QQihZ014QQitemZ330068492013QQrdZ1

Anyways I mean it sounds like a cool kit. i am not looking for a 3 thousand 300 HP engine. im looking for a turbo kit around 7-8 PSi that will give me a lil more boost and a cool driving feeling. Im not looking for that 10 sec quarter mile. Anyways If you could both give me the positives and negatives I would deeply appreciate it. Thanks guys and hope you can help
Sincerely
-DJ
PS read everything in this kit and tell me what else i need.IE engine management, ECU, engine tweeks, ETC

· Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How can i research the ebay kits? I mean it sounds like a really good deal. I mean i looked into turbo specialities, TSI, and that dezod systems and they were all like 2-5 grand. I mean for me thats alot. ALOT!

· Registered
1,626 Posts
yeah dont beat around the bush. ebay turbo kits are only good for a short while. they perform alright and what not but as soon as mileage comes around, it falls apart. if its just the turbo and u need something for w.e then i wouldnt mind getting it. but if its the full kit..i wouldnt do it. something is bound to happen and then ud end up spending more money. so once again. just dont beat around the bush and buy something where u know its guaranteed to work properly =D

· Registered
128 Posts
plan and simple you basically pay for the quality. you cant find a good kit on ebay bcuz they dont take the time to fabricate every part to its fullest unlike lets say Dezod and Truehonda. cuz i think ebay is quantity over quality and Dezod is Quality over quantity. so all i say is buy it but at your own risk.

· K-Series Legend
2,388 Posts
Do it right and get the setup you want the first time around, even if that meanst not going to taco bell for a month, or saving all your lunch money your mom gives you for high school for 3 years! (Yeah i used to do that lol) Look for change in every couch you can find, and save like a mad man to get all the parts you need to make your turbo set up work, and LAST! Ebay might be good for certian things, but its not worth the trouble of finding out that you got screwed over in the end.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.