Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm having a major problem with a reasonable amount of play on the tie rod/strut arm assembly from the driver's side. It started after swapping out the OEM struts for a set of Ksport coilovers. It eventually came down to a tapered insert that was inside the strut arm hole and somehow came off when installing a new tie rod.

I've already contacted them and tried asking for a replacement part. Every time I call, it's a dead end. Nobody knows what I'm talking about or they transfer me to a number that doesn't pick up.

It is a very good product but man they suck at customer support.

I've tried googling all sorts of things and still no luck finding what I need. I'm hoping someone on here knows what it is and can point me in the right direction.

The insert is picture right below my thumb.

Worst part is, alignment shop doesn't want to touch my car until it is fixed.

Can anyone help?

2003 Civic EX 2dr

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Turns out I can't upload the picture since I've already done so on a different thread. You can look up "Torque Steering Issues" and it should be there.

·
Registered
978 Posts
It might be a custom made part. Not sure where to get a conical shaped spacer like that.

Maybe try swapping on DC5 tie rod ends. I think they have a larger taper?!? The struts are probably for a DC5 and they give you those and washers for the crash bolts so it fits an EM2 better.

·
Registered
85 Posts
yes RSX tie rods are thicker. and yes coilovers for the EM2 chassis are for RSX . so the insert is only for using those coilovers on EM2 and EP3 i believe. i'm just not sure if the inner tie rod threads are the same. so rsx tie rods might work but youd have to knock out the insert if you go that route.

·
Registered
85 Posts
yeah, so I guess they'll work but I would definitely keep trying to contact them so you can get that damn insert.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts