Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shrug:well i have replaced the thermostat and flushed out the radiator took it to Honda and had them try to figure it out water pump and head gasket are good took the thermostat out and still running regular temp looked at the turbo and i don't see any water leaks around the turbo but some times you can smell coolant in the exhaust so do you think the turbo could be leaking internally

·
Retired Mod
10,304 Posts
Do you have a water-cooled turbo? How often do you have to empty your catch can? Are you getting coolant pushed back into the reservoir? How much coolant does she eat?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah shes white smoking a little and yeah the turbo is water cooled and Ive noticed coolant spray back on the intake and i am noticing coolant being pushed back in the reservoir

·
Retired Mod
10,304 Posts
Your head gasket is leaking. Trust me on this one. I don't think there are any seals in the turbo for the coolant to leak out of. I think it just circulates around the turbine assembly in the casting. If you're pushing coolant and you've got white smoke, she's popped a HG. Gonna have to change it out. Give yourself 3 days so you can take the head to a machine shop and make sure it isn't warped. My old head was warped which is why I ended replacing the damn HG three times. The "coolant spray" you're seeing is probably just excess condensation building up in the crankcase from the leaky HG.

Did you PM me on Civ7 about this? I haven't been on the forum in months and just went in today and cleaned out my PM box. Disregard if it wasn't you.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks speed yeah i was the one that pmd you cause you know basically everything

1 - 8 of 8 Posts