Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got an offer to get some skunk2 basic coilovers for %230 brand new. I've heard that skunk2 is kinda shitty but i dont really care about the ride quality because i'm going to upgrade to a better setup at the end of summer. I just want to be low right now. Do you think the skunk2 basics will hold up okay until the end of this summer? :dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
i never understood this scenario just save your dam money till you get your dam real set at the end of summer why would you waste your money.you ever heard the expression ''patience is a virtue''

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i never understood this scenario just save your dam money till you get your dam real set at the end of summer why would you waste your money.you ever heard the expression ''patience is a virtue''
lol because im not 40 years old with a full time job like half the people that talk down on people on this site. I have a part time job and i have school aka COLLEGE after the summer so I might not have enough for a full set of real coils.

·
Registered
264 Posts
lol because im not 40 years old with a full time job like half the people that talk down on people on this site. I have a part time job and i have school aka COLLEGE after the summer so I might not have enough for a full set of real coils.
You'd be $230 closer by not buying the Skunk2's.
Save your cash until you can afford the best.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm not 40 years old with a high paying job either, college, and everything.

I took the route of Tein S techs + stock struts until I can afford proper Tein coils.

These springs aren't so abusing to the stock struts, I don't have high mileage, and I don't drive like a maniac.
So they work out for now.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
what does that have to do with anything i saved for months to get what i wanted i suggests you do the same. otherwise your just throwing money away.

·
I drive a FGT!
741 Posts
I ran h&r springs with tokico blues. Never ran 1 million dollar coil overs and could out handle 90% of the people talking out of their ass on here. Every one has to start out somewhere and make their own mistakes and judgments. That setup I ran the shit out of, but I did have those springs on stock struts and it did not take long to blow them hence the switch to blues. Btw what are you wanting to do with your car? Track, handling, fun dd, or slammed? Knowing where you are going will help get you there without wasting tons of money.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ran h&r springs with tokico blues. Never ran 1 million dollar coil overs and could out handle 90% of the people talking out of their ass on here. Every one has to start out somewhere and make their own mistakes and judgments. That setup I ran the shit out of, but I did have those springs on stock struts and it did not take long to blow them hence the switch to blues. Btw what are you wanting to do with your car? Track, handling, fun dd, or slammed? Knowing where you are going will help get you there without wasting tons of money.
yeah i agree. Glad someone has the right mindset lol. Gotta start somewhere and if i make mistakes i'll learn from them. But anyways it'll be my daily driver. I'll drive it how i park it, not super slammed but i want it tucking

·
I drive a FGT!
741 Posts
yeah i agree. Glad someone has the right mindset lol. Gotta start somewhere and if i make mistakes i'll learn from them. But anyways it'll be my daily driver. I'll drive it how i park it, not super slammed but i want it tucking
Then just do springs and struts for now and see how you like it. At least you will be low and can always get coils next and slam it.

·
Premium Member
36,802 Posts
yeah, one thing you should know, is dont cheap out on suspension. Buy something that will last, and be comfortable driving.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Word of advice, if the roads in your area are crap do not bother lower your car. I have Bilstein sports struts and Eibach Pro Kit springs which provides 1inch drop and costs around $1k. Guess what, I am replacing the struts for a second time within 4 years of purchase.

·
Premium Member
36,802 Posts
dam that sucks, i had the same setup in NJ, but i had skunk2 coilover sleeves and i never had a issue. sucks your roads are that bad.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
dam that sucks, i had the same setup in NJ, but i had skunk2 coilover sleeves and i never had a issue. sucks your roads are that bad.
The cause for the blow out is mainly due to 2 reasons:
1) never changed strut mounts since they looked good.
2) roads are full of pot holes.

The parts are under warranty so I only pay labor, but it adds up over time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts