Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess it's time for me to introduce myself.

I've been bouncing from board to board (went as "Jester" on 7gc and IP), and was (is) a moderator on civicforums. Like many people, I've gotten pretty fed up with the site administration (I'm talking literally, not Triz or Havok) and just decided to jump ship. But I've been around. Hell, I've even got an ImportPassion.com tshirt around here somewhere.

I just took off my cylinder head (on account of bent valves, more on that here) and took a lot of pictures. So there's a DIY in the pipeline, it'll just take me some time to type up. I'm kind of particular.

But about me, I'm a student at Texas A&M (W 1-1 OOP!), I'm a counselor for Fish Camp (social Freshmen Orientation program) and I'm on the competitive pistol team as well as shooting rifles, pistols, and shotguns recreationally. I'm an Air Force brat and my father still works in the defense industry, so I can keep up with military jargon with you Active Duty peeps. My father uses more acronyms than anyone I know.

Aside from that, I'm hopelessly addicted to cars. I can bend two valves on a timing belt swap and make it take 10 times longer than it should and love every minute of it. It's that bad. I do need to make a confession, though, I'm not a civic guy. I'm a car guy. I can appreciate the beauty in my girlfriend's dad's 65 Chevy pickup slammed on bags with a 550whp handbuilt NA Motown 420 as much as I can a JDM import.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
texas ftw

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I forgot to add I'm also a huge computer nerd, I dual-boot Vista and Linux on my laptop.

·
Retired Mod
10,303 Posts
Linux FTL unless you're running it as a download box. Sure it's stable, but you can't do anything normal with it unless you get the one piece of quirky software that does what you need it to. Can't run photoshop or a decent video editor, so I said piss on it and re-installed Winders.

Glad to have you here Jake. Kudos on being a car guy, vice a Civic guy. I'll wrench on anything that's parked in my driveway!

·
Premium Member
13,573 Posts
welcome to the site fellow computer nerd :tup:

·
I love Greenie
14,505 Posts
Welcome Jake (I guess that's your name from what everyone is saying)... My name is Ryan, enjoy your stay!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.