Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I'm running an '01 Civic LX Coupe 5spd. and I bought some old Anzo headlights that were sitting in the back corner of a performance shop. Got them mounted okay. The problem is that my parking lamp socket does not match up to the spot where they are supposed to go. I tried using silicone to seat them in place but they just broke out.

Has anybody dealt with this before and know what is the proper socket to fit into this spot? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response GolNat!

I thought about using adhesive sealant, it's just that I don't want to make a mess of the back of the headlights. The other problem is the car will be seeing the cold winter pretty soon and I feel that the sealant will probably crack as well.

I just don't understand why they would make a port for the parking light that doesn't match up to factory.

You get what you pay for I suppose...

·
Registered
978 Posts
You get what you pay for I suppose...
Exactly! That's one if the issues with aftermarket headlights.

What kind of silicon did you use? The kind for windows and doors would work best, no cracking and would stand up to the elements. GE makes a 3 hr rain ready silicon that is very good.

A small dab of sealant would work and allow you to still remove the socket to change the bulb.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try that thanks! In the meantime I was still hoping that maybe there is a similar socket that could potentially fit in the lights. I have a hard time believing that they made a headlight that wouldn't fit a particular socket. It says 168 and the bulb size is right, but not the socket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts