Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 civic: pulled tranny replaced input shaft bearing and seal and output seals
New stock exedy clutch kit with flywheel. im not a beginner. Im very careful and take my time. But this has blindsided me. Clutch pedal feels good. Every thing went back together like a dream. When i let the clutch pedal out to engage clutch all it does is grind. I cant stress enough that this is not a gear grind. This is the flywheel. I believe there is no power even getting to the tranny. When i push the clutch pedal IN i dont hear any grinding . Help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2004 civic: pulled tranny replaced input shaft bearing and seal and output seals
New stock exedy clutch kit with flywheel. im not a beginner. Im very careful and take my time. But this has blindsided me. Clutch pedal feels good. Every thing went back together like a dream. When i let the clutch pedal out to engage clutch all it does is grind. I cant stress enough that this is not a gear grind. This is the flywheel. I believe there is no power even getting to the tranny. When i push the clutch pedal IN i dont hear any grinding . Help.
Okay, is the trans new/ rebuilt, or is it the same trans that's been in the car? I am actually dealing with the same issue on my m/t 2001 d17a2 with motor running and clutch NOT engaged, it would make a grinding sound sorta like the flywheel was touching the clutch or somthing. Well come to find out it is bad syncros inside the trans. Put your hand on the trans while it's running if you can feel somthing vibrating inside it thats your answer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okay, is the trans new/ rebuilt, or is it the same trans that's been in the car? I am actually dealing with the same issue on my m/t 2001 d17a2 with motor running and clutch NOT engaged, it would make a grinding sound sorta like the flywheel was touching the clutch or somthing. Well come to find out it is bad syncros inside the trans. Put your hand on the trans while it's running if you can feel somthing vibrating inside it thats your answer.
Also it would grind in any gear and in neutral, the only time the sound disappeared for me was when the clutch was engaged. My trans actually went out today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts