Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im curious if anyone reading this has experienced the ride quality of their em2 with lowering springs on stock oem shocs and struts. I've been a bit edgy as to what to do, lower mine or not.
thanks!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
ehh plenty have done this and/or doing so right now. Ride quality wouldn't be the best it can be if you had better/new shocks. Also depends on the springs you choose. In the end, your stock strut/shocks will blow and you'll need to buy new ones and not have anything to go back on if you needed to. On the other hand, save more money and do it right the first time and keep your OEM stuff.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I've been on Eibach sportlines w/ stock struts & shocks for well over a year now. The ride quality is affected somewhat but not like I thought. However I know its only a matter of time before they blow. Like mentioned previously if you can save and buy everything together do it. It'll be worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's good to take into account the condition of your struts and shocks at the moment as well, if they have low mileage currently they won't be to bad with lowering springs for a little while.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Been on skunk2 springs on oem struts for over 2years and I'm good they drop 2-2.5 inch ride quality could be better but hey budget is budget

1 - 7 of 7 Posts