Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I havent tested it since last year.... i'll try to crank her when i get home today... see if it still does it.... but i'm fairly sure it isnt just some setting you can change... cause its specific to 32 degrees.... 32.. cranks all day but wont start.... 33 degrees... fires up perfectly... everytime....

absolutely I have found the exact same thing. Lately to start my car I pop the hood, hook up my spare ect sensor that's been sitting in my pocket getting warm, start the car, fires up first try every time. If i use the ect sensor on my motor it won't start no matter what. Its so annoying. Usually i let the car warm up until coolant is above freezing and then switch the sensor back. Will try the new kpro this weekend. supposed to be -15C this weekend.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
update. Things warmed up here in ontario over the weekend, went home to start my car for the first time since before christmas. It would not start. Coolant was around 26. Got my trusty spare ECT sensor. Held it in my hand to warm it up, plugged it in and car fired up first turn.

·
Registered
432 Posts
This is so odd. I didnt get a chance to try it the other day. Its been in the 60s here for a couple days although i havent had a problem yet.
What version of kpro are you running jamis33?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Still a problem on Kpro V4. Going on my second winter having this issue w/ the d17a2.
I have a datalog of the car starting at 22F IAT, and 32.7F ECT. Another datalog of the IAT @ 22F, and ECT @ 22F, car refuses to start after minutes of cranking.
I started a thread on hondata's forum, but, they did not respond like they usually do for my other concerns.. I gave them every single detail they need.

Has anyone seen the VCM eliminators for the V6's? They trick the ECU into thinking the ECT is just below operating temp so the VCM never turns on. Maybe, we need the opposite in K-Pro, something that tricks the ECU into thinking it can't get colder than 32F. Just a button that says 32F D17A. lol. I wish.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts