Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Well i uploaded the stock vtec map and took away the 10% and it started up all 3 times that i tried after leaving the car parked for a while. When i first started the car with these new settings, it fired right up after being parked for 8 hours so thats a good sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I Quit, So What?
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
What was the ect Alec? I tried my settings this morning at 25 and it almost caught but stopped. I think I flooded it. I even tried the base map and it wouldn't start. Prob cause it's flooded.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Idk what the ECT was.

This morning it got a little flooded and wouldnt start. Took about a min or so of trying before it started so I know its getting close.

·
I Quit, So What?
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Mines flooded. I'm trying to start it on the base map now. It's catching but not firing. I think new plugs are in order for me as well. Idk why it's trying to catch on this map when the settings are all the same for starting. Maybe we just need to have the injectors in kmanager set to 270?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
New spark plugs would be a good idea.

I might decrease the injector pulse slightly as well c if that helps me.

·
I Quit, So What?
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Finally got it to start on the base map. It ran like total shit tho. I have a map that mimics the base map in all the vital areas. We'll see what happens with me having 270 for the injector size tonight after work.

Edit: And I might stop and pick up some stock plugs today. It might be the fact I'm running the step colder plugs.

·
I Quit, So What?
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Ok so I just discovered that the injector size under the fuel trim is not all for reference now. It actually plays a role on your fuel table. I changed my injector size to 440 today and my car was cruising at 13ish afr as before it was at 14.7. Well I pulled over and put it back to 456 and it went back to normal. Adam and I are thinking we need to initially start off by adding fuel instead of taking it away. But you will have to be careful and it is a easy way to flood it quickly.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Ok so I just discovered that the injector size under the fuel trim is not all for reference now. It actually plays a role on your fuel table. I changed my injector size to 440 today and my car was cruising at 13ish afr as before it was at 14.7. Well I pulled over and put it back to 456 and it went back to normal. Adam and I are thinking we need to initially start off by adding fuel instead of taking it away. But you will have to be careful and it is a easy way to flood it quickly.

I realized that too, but I didn't mess with it because I was new to kpro at the time.. I'm running the turbo'd non-vtec map, not sure what the injectors were set at, I think they were the RSX injectors. I noticed one day I set it to 577cc(Since thats what i'm using) and my car ran shitty.. So I just set it back to the RSX's ones and tuned around it, since I had a good tune on it.

All this talk has gotten me curious too.. I havn't even started since the cold. It's been sitting for 2 months. I'll be pulling out my laptop and experimenting too, I wonder if I have the cold start issue. If i'm not mistaken, my cranking fuel trim is 10% since i'm using the non-vtec turbo'd map thats in kpro.. I'll have to check.

·
I Quit, So What?
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
There's possibly a glitch in kpro. Mark made a interesting discovery but I'm not going to say what. He wants to keep it under wraps till he calls hondata (hopefully today).

·
Registered
389 Posts
So I called Hondata and basically got me no where. Said no one has called on this issue with the d17 and cold start tho I said there is over a year old thread about this issue and also what I found out and said I need to datalog and send it to them. So as we all probly want this problem solved immediately I say call Hondata tell them your issue. Probly say to datalog and send it to them but maybe getting a volume of ppl with same issue they will notice it's something with kpro. We all paid big money for kpro so it should be fixed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have just about fixed my cold start issue on aem. I had to increase my initial crank pulse table by about 20% in the cold temp areas vs. base map. Increased the start extra decay time by ten seconds, and I also increased the warm up enrichment considerably based upon the base map numbers. This is definetely a trial and error process not just a one day change and fix. Luckily for me the temp are not cold all that long here in south florida. Also when the car was tuned, the relative humidity was much higher 80-100% compared to here now 20-40%. I'm k series k20z1. If that helps anyone else out. I think another couple days I'll have everything completely starting like stock. By the way the main reason i'm using aem vs k pro is that I don't have to turn my car off and start it again for a change to take into effect, and also my alternator turns off while in vtec for an addition of 3-5 hp. I like aem its just one problem which it just about solved.

Jason

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I call BS on HONDATA's part about nobody ever calling in about a cold start issue. I called them last week on wednesday about it and their answer was either datalog and send us ur datalog or you have to talk to your tuner and he has to fix it. HONDATA knows there is a problem but they just dont want to try to fix it.

Besides that, My car has been starting right up since i uploaded the base map. I hope this holds up

61 - 80 of 106 Posts