Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
I Quit, So What?
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know this is a shot in the dark, but does anyone have a good cold crank setup for anything 30 degrees and below? It took me 20 minutes to get the civic up and running this morning and it was being jumped in the process. It doesn't matter if it's for a K or D, I'm open to anything.

I was also looking at a boosted k series fuel compensation for air temp. On the d17, -22 and 32 are 0% but on the K series -22 is 11% and 32 is 5%. Thoughts if this plays a role in starting it?

·
marshmallower
580 Posts
lol took me 3 seconds oh wait no 2 :D

·
I Quit, So What?
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ Only problem with that Clint is I don't have anyway to hook it up at work. The car sits for 8-10 hours and is well under 30 by the time I get off work around 11 pm.

·
Premium Member
12,397 Posts
so your telling me every car that gets tuned over the summer wont start during the winter? mine starts no matter what

·
I Quit, So What?
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In order to get a tune for cold start, the tuner will have to have the car for a solid week and let it sit out in a field over night and the tuner would only get one shot a day to try something cause once you crank it that's it. K series seem not to have this issue as much as the d17. Greenie has a professional tune and his won't start most the time. Mine starts unless it's drops under 30 degrees.

·
The Almighty
25,301 Posts
coldest i have had mine start was 25 degrees, but it wasnt tuned during winter, there simply isnt any cold weather correction built into kpro

·
I Quit, So What?
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok so this morning I plugged the laptop in. Went in and started uploading my map. The ect jumped from 26 to 33 during this process. Weird. But she fired up after one small hesitation.

·
Premium Member
36,802 Posts
so your telling me every car that gets tuned over the summer wont start during the winter? mine starts no matter what
adam, when i had the d17 boosted, my car was tuned in the winter, and it was fine until it went below 30. once that happened it took me 20 mins to start it or i had to jump it. and sometimes that didnt even work. when i was boosted i use to go to him once a week to try and figure out why it wouldnt start in the cold. nothing worked, only thing that helped was when it got warm out.

Now with my K, i was tuned in the spring, was in the 50's i guess and i havent had a problem yet. which i fine kinda werid. he even tuned it again in the summer. my car goes in the garage, but when i go into work with my dad, i park outside from 5am til 330pm, and these last 2 weeks its been starting up no problem. even the last couple days where its been 16-25 degrees, fires right up. might starts no matter what now also.

im still waiting for his text or call back, so ill let you know if he gets back to me or not.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
guys i just had a brilliant idea! theres a shop up in toronto that has tuned a few d17s on kpro and i wonder if they've figured it out? i might call them today but i remember talking to one of the guys and he said he's boosted on kpro and its his dd so maybe he's got the cold crank calibrations that work. if you think about it there HAS to be a combination that works. its just a matter of figuring it out.

·
Premium Member
36,802 Posts
the one guy is some arab bitch who doesnt drive it daily like he says. and he also says he makes the most power out of a d17. anyways, that would most likely help asking that tuner. my tuner wont give it up..lol

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
1. it does not matter what time of year it gets tuned. there is certain section in the parameters that has to be adjusted that most tuners don't touch cause there is no need to.

2. letting the car sit from 330-5 isn't going to give you any problems cause the oil is still warm and there is still residual heat in the block. it is when it sits out for like 8 hours straight in really cold temperature that you have problems.

3. bryan check your battery cause i haven't had one problem this year your battery might be sucking a bit especially after you killed it when your alternator wasn't working right after you turbo'ed it.

4. another thread on this? really you had a thread going on this last week there are like 5 cold cranking threads quit making new threads it's getting hard to track.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
In order to get a tune for cold start, the tuner will have to have the car for a solid week and let it sit out in a field over night and the tuner would only get one shot a day to try something cause once you crank it that's it. K series seem not to have this issue as much as the d17. Greenie has a professional tune and his won't start most the time. Mine starts unless it's drops under 30 degrees.
What temp was the car tuned on? Post up idle & cold start maps please! Temp correction too.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts