Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
iirc keyless became standard on LX models in 04.

Crutchfield sells a system that is keyless entry only, Just tap into your power locks wiring.

I had one and it worked fine.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
iirc keyless became standard on LX models in 04.

Crutchfield sells a system that is keyless entry only, Just tap into your power locks wiring.

I had one and it worked fine.

Yeh thats all Im lookin for is keyless entry. I had a feeling it wasnt in there, I didnt wanna buy a remote before knowing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pull out your car stereo. Look down hole and to the right. On the side there is a clip pointed downward. If there is a black box attached to it, you have factory keyless entry installed. If nothing is attached to the clip, then either you do not have factory keyless or you could have an after market keyless installed elsewhere on the car. Odds are, if this clip is empty, you do not have keyless entry installed.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i know this is a stupid question but just because my car has keyless entry does that mean that car has an alarm? would it make noise if i locked the doors then someone opened it?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Look at the factory stickers on the driver and passenger windows. (((( )))) = Alarm, if not only immobilizer symbol shown.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts