Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was wondering if anyone knows how to or if it can even be done to make the key-less entry work while the cars running??

·
Registered
326 Posts
You mean when a remote start is installed?

If so you need to take out your universal bypass, and get the honda specific one, that or connect the two wires on your unit,

If you don't mean when remotestarted, ignore above :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry man I guess I wasn't clear enough.
when the cars running with no remote starter just the key in the ignition I want to be able to unlock it with my second set with the keyless remote.

·
Registered
190 Posts
so ghetto remote start run to the car throw the key in lock the doors and run back into the house/job.....theres probly a way but i only know the way by installing a remote start and using bypasses "556uw"

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well yes start it and be able to still open / lock the doors I'm in and out of my car 20 times a day. So would be pretty sweet

·
I pewp hot fire!
2,723 Posts
hmm.... is it an aftermarket keyless or factory keyless. if aftermarket, i got a solution for ya. if factory, i can do some research and try to figure it out for ya

·
Registered
715 Posts
I tried mine with the key just barely resting in ignition and the keyless would not work, It is going to come down to which signal it uses to prohibit operation (key in sense or switched power or both)

I just carry a spare key and lock the door manually with it still running.

If you want the wiring info for the systems PM with an E-Mail address and I will send them to you.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
YA i do the same but i go to and from the car all day and would like to be able to not have to open the door manually......
sure u can send me the wiring diagrams but i would have no idea where to start.... lol

·
I pewp hot fire!
2,723 Posts
it would have to be something with the keysense wire and the ignition/accessory wires off the key cylinder. ... imma hop on my tech sheets and see what i can't figure out. more than likely a switch or relay will be involved

·
I pewp hot fire!
2,723 Posts
ps. what year is the car.

·
I pewp hot fire!
2,723 Posts
anyone have a car i can tinker with on this one? i got a pretty good idea on how to make this work.

·
I pewp hot fire!
2,723 Posts
if anyone is so inclined, there is a smaller gauged red w/ a white stripe wire coming off the ignition cylinder. this is the keysense wire. if someone wants to wire in a switch to break the signal coming from it, it might just work. breaking the signal from this wire will shut that damn door dinger off as well if i remember correctly.

just so you know, i no longer have my civic that why someone else needs to attempt this lol

·
Registered
715 Posts
^^^^ Good idea but, as long as the key is in the ignition the keyless will not work.

I did not see the key sense wire going into control but... thats not to say it isn't on the bus or through the multiplex unit.

Disabling the key sense will cause other things to happen as well (no dome light when key removed, it may kill your "headlights on" warning as well)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts