12" slimline fans
Kpro with hondata 4bar map sensor
AEM UEGO wideband
3" exhaust from dp back 3" dp is AC compatible BTW
Crower custom cam
crower springs and retainers
JDMfabtec intake manifold
Warbrol 255 fuel pump

We started and finished Josh's (skatejosh369) turbo installation. today. Big thanks to Paul (aka bomerman) for driving down to my place from Virginia to help us the first two days. When we could get him to stop talking, he did some really good work!

Time spent:

Friday - 7 hours
Saturday - 15 hours
Sunday - 6 hours

So yeah, 28 hours of tool time to knock this installation out. During this time we made the downpipe, dumptube, re-did the exhaust, re-did the charge piping, bumper defabrication, we didn't have 2.5" exhaust flange so we made one out of some spare 1/4" steel plate I had in the garage, installed the gauges, AEM F/IC and a quick street tune (thanks again for the basemap Jonathan!) and everything else involved with the a turbo installation.

Things did not go smoothly, however we came out on top. As a note for folks, stock Honda clips do NOT/NOT work with SRT-based injectors. The clips physically fit over the injectors but they do no make contact with the injector pins. We discovered that today when we attempted the first start-up. Had everything but fuel. Sunday in North Carolina is not a good time to source SRT injector clips so some speaker wire and spade terminals will work until Josh picks some up next week.

Don't laugh, it works and they aren't coming out unless you want them to.

Josh wanted stealth and he got it. After cutting the bumper inside to fit the non-dezod (thank God) intercooler, Paul put the fascia back in. Josh just needs to glue the fog lense back over the hole and it's completely stealth.

But it's installed and aside from a couple minor tweaks, the car runs pretty damn good at 4 PSI. This is on a stock LX motor, AEM F/IC, no head studs (yet), with Stage 0 SRT injectors. More to come from Josh.......

Money shots. Anything look familiar?

·
The Almighty
25,301 Posts
looks pretty good Clint. Speaker wire??? need to hide that shit better too. otherwise wow, lots of work, and the positioning of the wastegate on teh v3 sucks ass

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
Thats some good stuff :tup:, nice to see everyone helping each other out and getting a N/A to Boost job done in 3 days from start to finish. :domo:

·
Retired Mod
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL - the wiring is like that since it's temporary. If I had cleaned it up nice and pretty, it would be too tempting to just leave it like that! Everything else is nice and clean. F/IC is tucked and hidden, gauges routed w/o a stupid pillar pod, etc. etc.

Josh and his friend Cody are on the list of folks who are welcome at my house anytime they like. Good folks.

·
Retired Mod
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gauges - two are in a the frogeye/mickey pod and then we took Dan's idea and mounted the third down in the center console. I just used a hole saw and cut a gauge-sized hole where the far left button-type plug thingee is on the opposite side from the power outlet.

·
#1 nor cal flaker
1,787 Posts
sweet:tup:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hellz ya for a great job :tup:, damn it that is the strut bar i want where the hell did he get it i cant find it anywhere!?

·
Want To Ride My Trike?
6,330 Posts
another boost build yes! and since clint helped you out, you know it'll work :tup:

·
Retired Mod
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's my old strut bar. He claimed it during the part out.

1 - 20 of 1531 Posts