Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Honda Civic coupe (basic version) and my key stopped turning my ignition, I think the tablets were bad, so I took it apart and finally had to take off back of it and start it with a screw driver. That worked a couple of times then it stopped starting. I believe the immobilizer kicked in. So I got another ignition lock cylinder from O'Reilly's and it came with 2 blank transponder keys. I installed it, (it didn't come with a new immobilizer box it stated that they don't come with those anymore), it instructed me to go to a locksmith and have my key cloned to the new keys. Well the locksmith told be that if it came with a new thing that goes into the front of the ignition key hole that the new keys wouldn't work at all and for me to unhook the new one and plug the old one in and let my old key sit in it or near it and start with my new keys. Well that didn't work and he states that there is no way to fix it. Well I don't buy it, I don't think they would sell it like that with those instructions if it won't work. Now my questions are if my old keys transponder went bad how would it get cloned anyhow? Is there a way to bypass my immobilizer? How the hell do I fix this? This is very important cause I can't make it to work in another state and if I don't pay on my title loan by August 6 I lose my car for good, I am a single mom with 2 kids and have little to no money and I live 35min from civilization. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts