Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i got an 01 civic ex for free i've had the car for like 6 months and i need some help

and heres my shit box before and after i got my grissy nuks on it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey I got mine for free too free cars are the best!! Although I have more than paid for her after the minor things I have done, 2001 ex 5spd roughly 140k not sure because I swapped the tach with an 05 great reliable car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey I got mine for free too free cars are the best!! Although I have more than paid for her after the minor things I have done, 2001 ex 5spd roughly 140k not sure because I swapped the tach with an 05 great reliable car.
View attachment 12538
And I love the paint is it ome and what have you done to the car performance wise

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks man it's not an oem honda color but it is an oem GM color I really liked it and figured there wouldn't be to many hondas if any at all that same exact color. Performance wise only the cheap bolt on so far so just an A/M Exhaust manifold, 2.25 stainless piping to a Borla muffler And a CAI. I am still looking for a d16y8 intake and as soon as I get one I will put that on the car. But I've heard that unless you get an engine management software so you can re tune your car after all these upgrades they are basically not doing anything. So ill need to get a kpro v4 (don't need that one but it's what I'm getting) in order to really make any difference

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man it's not an oem honda color but it is an oem GM color I really liked it and figured there wouldn't be to many hondas if any at all that same exact color. Performance wise only the cheap bolt on so far so just an A/M Exhaust manifold, 2.25 stainless piping to a Borla muffler And a CAI. I am still looking for a d16y8 intake and as soon as I get one I will put that on the car. But I've heard that unless you get an engine management software so you can re tune your car after all these upgrades they are basically not doing anything. So ill need to get a kpro v4 (don't need that one but it's what I'm getting) in order to really make any difference
dang thats whats up im pretty much at the same point but have you looked in to an aem fic 6 they are cheaper but you can tune it so

·
Registered
11 Posts
The forgotten civic is indeed not dead. I'd love it if I could get an em2 5spd for free like that. This chassis is totally underrated.

Even my almost stock 2004 ex 4spd auto daily driver has earned a little respect in tight swVa mountain passes(touge for fun). Eibach bars are almost a repair on an 04, ceramic pads and slotted rotors are for survival in rural Appalachia.

I saw one of the newer type-r's today while out getting firewood in the pickup. Thing looked like a burnt cyberhedgehog being chased by two Miatas a wrx and a few other fun rides. Pretty sure one of them had a brake fire. Later I saw one of the local city bumstangs limping along on 5cyl wondering what just happened. Seemsmy secret practice road has been discovered...Then I saw a cybertech road tank lamborgini aventador on my way home and was like... hmm... and then a Nissan 350z pretty much sealed it. They've finally found my practice run.

I wonder if those cheap "maxpeeding" coilovers would be any fun...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The forgotten civic is indeed not dead. I'd love it if I could get an em2 5spd for free like that. This chassis is totally underrated.

Even my almost stock 2004 ex 4spd auto daily driver has earned a little respect in tight swVa mountain passes(touge for fun). Eibach bars are almost a repair on an 04, ceramic pads and slotted rotors are for survival in rural Appalachia.

I saw one of the newer type-r's today while out getting firewood in the pickup. Thing looked like a burnt cyberhedgehog being chased by two Miatas a wrx and a few other fun rides. Pretty sure one of them had a brake fire. Later I saw one of the local city bumstangs limping along on 5cyl wondering what just happened. Seemsmy secret practice road has been discovered...Then I saw a cybertech road tank lamborgini aventador on my way home and was like... hmm... and then a Nissan 350z pretty much sealed it. They've finally found my practice run.

I wonder if those cheap "maxpeeding" coilovers would be any fun...
lol the maxspeedings coilovers for the price to performance is amazing and the car really need it cuz the stuts were blown but #1 mod for this car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts