Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I DRIVE A GAY SCHOOL BUS!!!!
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an idea for a meet that I've been cooking up with my Celica buddies, and it involves something I thought you guys might like. I was wanting to setup a meet in March sometime (probably during Spring Break) back when I had the Celica, and I figured we could combine meets.

I was thinking we could have a get together at Motorsport Ranch so we could do some driving on the road course. Here is more info:

http://motorsportranch.com/index.cfm

Just tossing this up in the air, let me know what you guys think.

-Matt

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
sounds kinda cool

·
POPS
6,585 Posts
- Regular initiation fee: $3,400 plus tax = $3,646.50 (one time only)
- Regular monthly dues: $90 (plus tax = $96.53)
- Regular half-hour run session: $20

·
Jedi Master
3,816 Posts
:eek3:

·
2,697 Posts
But....... my roomate worked at motorsport ranch for like 5 years and is a personal friend of almost everyone out there. he also still has his own garage out there. we havent been in a while but im sure i could talk him into going. thats the good news, the bad news is we have shittly little 1.7 econo boxes and really all we would do is piss everyone else off that was waiting for track time, like the ferrari club, porsche club, viper club, etc.... and we would be the laughing stock of the whole track :(

as far as prices go i know i can get out on that track and make several passes for under 200.00 and that includes a helmet and a fire suit. ive been on that track a few times but only as a passenger. twice in a ferrari 355 challenge and once in a fully modded fast as shit mazda miata. i think the cool thing to do would be all of us roll out there when there is a huge event going on (which i can find out easily) and just spectate. like i said my roomate has a garage out there, with a shifter cart and a 4 wheeler so if yall want to do this i can definately get it set up w/ no probs at all.

·
Jedi Master
3,816 Posts
yeah lets go watch I dont want to get laughed at!!!!:smiley-rofl::smiley-rofl:

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
It's worth going to look around. We've discussed this before. Although we'll probably get laughed at in a bunch of Civics, there are still some nice cars to see.

·
2,697 Posts
hey jake, do you think if i supplied you with a picture of my car you could photoshop some white oem sideskirts and a black/cf lip on the front. would that even be possible or too complicating?

**edit** i just posted a request in the photo section. if you can help that would be awesome.

·
I DRIVE A GAY SCHOOL BUS!!!!
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You guys don't have enough confidence in your own cars. :laugh:

I know people that car to the track and it's around $200-$250 for a certain number of 20 minute runs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts