Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird question I know, but my gauges have been off (aligned way off) since I've owned the car. So I NEVER exactly know when I'm actually almost empty because when it hits the Empty line, it's not actually empty yet.

I was wondering for my 13 gallon tank, does anyone know exactly how many miles you can go in your 01' Civic before the Gas light comes on???

I would appreciate the help for sure.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yea, mine usually comes on between 375 and 390 miles but it depends. I'm also averaging 33-35 mpg so it would be more miles if you got more mpg.

There is an issue with these gauges I believe. There might even be a TSB on them. Sometimes the gas light will come on from the car sitting overnight, the gauge is slow to react sometimes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yeah my light comes on after every night. I do have a slight hill though so that doesn't help. I can usually get 390ish. I always set my trip and when 400 hits I know I need gas lol. That's with an EX, hwy+city.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, Yeah I'm testing it now and I'm at 87 miles. So I'm hoping my gas light does work to warn me when I hit the close to empty stage. Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
836 Posts
My every week fill at the pump is like 10.5 gallons and I'm getting 400 miles. But on road trips I've gotten 451 before the light comes on and its only 11 gallons when I fill it up. I'm driving an 02 ex auto with 172k

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My every week fill at the pump is like 10.5 gallons and I'm getting 400 miles. But on road trips I've gotten 451 before the light comes on and its only 11 gallons when I fill it up. I'm driving an 02 ex auto with 172k
True. Okay so average about 350 - 405ish. I will go that long to see if the light comes on. I'm praying it works. All my other dash lights work. But I might as well test it out now. Have had the car for over a year now.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I usually go 425-450 miles before the gas light comes on. I average around 42-44mpg in warmer weather. I generally fill up before he gas light come on though

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I go to around 380ish before having to worry about buying gas. But that also depends on whether its mostly highway miles or local street miles.

just curious for guys with 01-02 clusters... when you first start the car... does the gas light "self check"? i.e come on then go off? I haven't seen my gas light lite up forever but not sure if its because its not working or because it doesn't "self check" during startup.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
See that is my issue because my gauges is off Idk if my gas light works or not. That's why I need to test it. In my 01 the gas LIGHT DOES NOT flash or turn on when I start my car so Idk yet. I hope mine works.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: qijian

·
Registered
216 Posts
a lot of u get good gas milage, im happy with 340 to the tank but some of you hit 400+ cheers to that!
Drive slow--60mph on the highway, accelerate going down hill so you can coast as much as possible going up hill, lights on for safety and off for mpg.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i will definately try this! thanks for the tips
I also quit using cruise control. I have a lot of hills in my area and cruise control wants to accelerate going uphill and slow down going downhill which is the opposite of what you want to do.

Check out some gas mileage and hypermilling forums. Some guys can get ridiculously high gas mileage.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I also quit using cruise control. I have a lot of hills in my area and cruise control wants to accelerate going uphill and slow down going downhill which is the opposite of what you want to do.

Check out some gas mileage and hypermilling forums. Some guys can get ridiculously high gas mileage.
i usually fill up premium and have my preffered gas stations that i feel give me better quality gas. some people dont believe it but i do. some gas stations offer cheap stuff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts