Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

Help with Dropping Rear 04-05 with CX Racing?

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Jeff-707 
#1 ·
So I purchased some CX Racing Coilovers and the rear doesn't seem to be able to sit very low but I can slam my car to the ground in the front. Idk if I'm just not dropping it the right way and if I did do it the right way I wanted to know if there's ways to drop it even lower than it is meant to go. I'm currently riding on 16x8 with 195/40/r16 which gives me about a 2 finger gap ( my fingers are kind of big so maybe 3 fingers for a normal persons fingers lol ) and I just want to be able to even the back with the front.

Please help if you know anything about the CX racing Coilovers.

#3 ·
Mine only has the top two red perches not that bottom silver ring
And right now there's no more threading left.
I'm not sure what the manufacturers stated
When they arrived there weren't any instructions and I've been looking around and haven't found videos or pictures of people using them for 7thgens

#4 ·
You won't be able to go any lower if you don't have any thread left. You can get shorter springs with higher spring rates but that would require adjustable dampers. If you do not have adjustable dampers, only other good way is to get new coilovers

#13 ·
Are you adjusting height by spinning the bottom cup into the shock body? Its ideal to keep the spring pre-loaded so don't lower by spinning the spring down.

You can try to remove the lower perch and spin the bottom cup up as much into the shock body as possible. Then after that you can spin the top perch all the way down until it hits the bottom cup. That will be your lowest possible height.

This is my word guide (everyone has their own terms)
Bottom Cup: Bottom portion that bolts to the lower control arm
Perch: Adjuster rings

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.