Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

Help.. Parts Listed on Page 2 at the bottom.. i got the car back

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Honda05 
#1 · (Edited)
Was driving to work today and when getting on the off ramp theres a little bump and when i hit it, i pressed the gas and the car went nowhere and turned off.. i pulled over to started it and it started up then shut off by itself.. The car wont stay started and i have no clue what the problem is.. Im guessing its the throttle position sensor isnt reading any gas for some reason.. Its at honda right now so hopefully they can whatever it is.. Anybody have suggestion on what it could be, please let me know

#5 ·
No. It could be a multitude of things. When you turn the car to accessory, are you getting any CELs? How many miles on the car? Without a timing belt, the car will not run or start. The only thing the TPS reads is how far open the throttle plate is. If it reads it as closed, the car will idle. If it reads it as all the way open (when it's not) the car will flood out and not run.

Doesn't sound like either of those though. What have you done to the car lately?

#7 ·
No. It could be a multitude of things. When you turn the car to accessory, are you getting any CELs? How many miles on the car? Without a timing belt, the car will not run or start. The only thing the TPS reads is how far open the throttle plate is. If it reads it as closed, the car will idle. If it reads it as all the way open (when it's not) the car will flood out and not run.

Doesn't sound like either of those though. What have you done to the car lately?
i havent done anything to the engie i awhile.. the only things i have doe are intake, header and athrottle body spacer.. ive done nothing with the fuel or aything like that.. the engine only has about 54k on it

#6 ·
I bet it is a fueling issue as well...

Do you purchase econo gas? Like walmart or loves or places that dont display a brand of fuel.

#11 ·
Timing belt crank??? You mean the pully? That is an easy fix.

#15 · (Edited)
ok heres the parts they had to replace:

Timing Belt
Position Sensor
Belt, COM- whatever this is
Water Pump
Coolant
Tensioner

Parts Cost 249
Labor cost 305
Then tax so total is 609

Now i either have to get a new cat converter or just need to get welded back to the pipe cause the welds might of busted from when it was back firing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.