Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i currently drive an EM2, and i recently have been thinking about keep my EM2 and also getting a hatch. Im not too smart when it come to this build process. So what im looking for, from you guys, is a list of the BIG major things i will need to get me started including the hatch itself and an estimated price for it all.. I would like to get either a B16 or a B18.. not sure yet. Please help me out, no bashing please. Thanks in advance guys.:hs: Sorry im a N00B :ugh:

·
Just Touch It, Bro
9,954 Posts
well if u want a full complete swap from japen its going to cost u around 2300 dollers complete harness,axles,ecu.tranny,block,head,and mounts with about 40,000 miles and u still want to buy a cae right thats goin to be on u looking around u want a coupe or hatch???

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a hatch man, but all my friends own vee dubs haha and they tell me to get rid of the em2. but i dont think i can.. cuz i dont got alot of money coming in at this time

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks man, cuz im at Wyotech, in PA and so many hatch's are up here, and evos, haha so much shit. But im def gonna start pricing everything out and get started on this build :dance:

·
Premium Member
16,937 Posts
be prepared for a hell of alot of work. ground up builds are great but take a ton of time and money. IMO there really is no way of predicting the cost unless you get a number and double it. because shit always seems to happen that costs more money.

they are a hell of alot of fun though!

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
well alot of us or here have or 7th gen and or project car thats not a problem i say for u get a 1993-1995 EG aka Ej and drop a b16 in it Perfect combo :x:
Not nit-picking, but a 92-95 hatch is an EH.

A hatch build would be a lot of fun. Craigslist is going to be your friend.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I love EG's and EK hatches.. I'm even considering trading my 7thgen for one. You guys think I should? I'm lookin at one that's champ white and I'm in loveeeee:D

·
#1 nor cal flaker
1,787 Posts
Not nit-picking, but a 92-95 hatch is an EH.

A hatch build would be a lot of fun. Craigslist is going to be your friend.
EJ1 92-95 2 door ex
ej2 92-95 2 door dx

Eh2 92-95 hatch cx/dx/vx
EG6 92-95 hatch si:yumyum:

Get a hatch, I loved mine, wish I could've kept it.

Dont get a b16,I originally had one and swapped, they are torqueless. I then had a jdm gsr block with a PnP b16a2 head bunch of other stuff and hit 195whp n/a

hatch ftw!! Try and get an unmolested si though:tup:

:wtc:

Reactions: bryce023

·
#1 nor cal flaker
1,787 Posts
np:tup:

Reactions: bryce023

·
Registered
392 Posts
if u plan on doing a ground up build, buying a shell is ur best bet. if your looking to paint the car, u should be looking into shells in the price range of $400-1200. If you do not plan on getting it done, a nice shell should run u $1200+(more around $2k). dont bother being picky about rust because all the EG hatches get them on the rear quarter panels.

as for engine builds, there are so many choices. is the car going to be a street car or track car? you can go NA or turbo. if you want a cheep build, b16 is an ok choice. it all depends on your wants. If money is not a huge problem, I would suggest the frankenstein k swap. i could go into a shitload of depth about different builds but I wont waste my time since it sounds like you dont know what you want to do.

·
NW7thgen Crew
2,089 Posts
be prepared for a hell of alot of work. ground up builds are great but take a ton of time and money. IMO there really is no way of predicting the cost unless you get a number and double it. because shit always seems to happen that costs more money.

they are a hell of alot of fun though!
X2!!!! I dont know how much extra $ I spent on my swap after I started doing it.

If your looking for motors, I would recommend these guys... H-Motors Online. Heres a link to their motors http://hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=category&keyword=JDM USDM Engines

They sell complete changeovers, I bought my motor from them and got everything. Motor, tranny, ECU, axles, wiring harness, and alot more.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts