Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did some searching and couldn't seem to find the same problem I'm having. When I turn left or right at slow speeds (less than 10mph) there is a groan (it's a weird noise, hard to describe) sound that comes from the engine bay. There is plenty of power steering fluid and the steering does not feel heavy or anything while making the noise. It does not vibrate the steering wheel or change the feel of the steering. It almost sounds/feels like it is coming from somewhere in the drivetrain but I can't tell. I am putting new ES bushings and new ball joints in within the next couple weeks along with Redline 75W80 MTF. Could this be a half shaft problem? They're not clicking or clunking that I can tell. Or could it be just old MTF? Any help would be greatly appreciated and I apologize in advance if I just didn't search hard enough and this has been resolved.

Update: It kind of sounds like an automatic at low speeds. This could justbe a noise it makes and I'm just paranoid but I didn't notice it before.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I think I've figured it out to be wheel bearings. To be on the safe side, I'm just going to replace all of them with a new hub assembly. Not too much more money for a simpler job. How likely is it for these to go bad again with +42 offset wheels? I put the wheels on at about 215000 and I'm at 221000 now and there was no noise before and then it progressively got worse to where it's kinda loud now. That seems pretty quick but I don't know.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This turned out to be something to do with the clutch or bearings surrounding the clutch. after replacing that stuff, the noise is now gone.

· Registered
8 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.