Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently I thought it was going to be easier than this lol. but i believe i need assistance. Did anyone else have trouble with their fog light install that was good with wires?:dunno:

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
i had trouble finding where it went on fuse box, but kit was for wrong year so i modded it myself, the harness is a bit confusing but easy to figure out, what are you having problems with

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not so car smart yet with these types of things. at first i thought they were wrong but finding a .pdf file online showed me that they were the right ones, but mostly, I'm having trouble with everything lol. I can play with motors but I cant wire anything for crap.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got the spots cut out, I started running the wires but i've got no idea how to do it, so I didnt really get started because it just confused me so much. I dont want to mess them up but I really want them in. This is the first time I've had money to put into a car. I know if i take it to a shop, they will charge me a good bit.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
start with the driver light, take the harness end with light plug on it, the longer side, run it down driver side to bumper, run the harness over radiator (zip tie optional) and run other light plug down passenger side, add the next peice of harness, pull down passanger side plastic wheel well, run wire over wheel well to bottem of fender/door, theres a rubber gromet therem this is the hard part for me, run the wire through this while replacing with new groumet,(also have to take off kick plate and inside plastic by feet) once you have wire inside car, remove the cig lighter peice of dash, drop the glove box, and remove peices under steering wheel, connect next peice of hrness with relay and run harness up in das over glove box, i put my relay behind the piller between the glove box and cig console, my switch is in the cig lighter console, if yours is diff, then your gonna have to run wire diff, but plug wire in to switch, mount switch, run next to wires towards steering wheel, look for fuse box and plug in the 2 ends into fuse box, only fits in 1 hole, cant mess up here, if you cant find it, can hard wire it to cig lighter

any questions ask, sorry if confusing

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats helps alot, but my 05 has a port for a switch beside the cruise control switch and this kit came with a oem switch. every diy i find for fog lights tells me to put the switch on the center console. I thought about hard wiring into my park lights but knowing my luck they would blink with my turn signals lol. I'm going to give this another try tomorrow morning, if I can find a place to do it.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
well make sure the wires are long enough to reach by the cruise control, if you have a ex there is no room cause of sunroof button, but if there is room, might wanna try running it on drivers side instead =)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I've got an HX so I believe I've got room, or I hope I do lol. no sunroof for me. :wtc:

But thanks for your help, I should be able to get this done and get some pictures up tomorrow.

·
Registered
94 Posts
MUCH easier to do than the .pdf makes it out to be. My buddy helped me wire my yellow ones up no more than 2 wks ago. The most time consuming thing is taking off all the pop tabs and plastic shit.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got them in and the Switch harness is a peice of crap, im just going to buy the password jdm ones

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
no no no dont waste the money bro. shit... send the money to me and ill help you figure out the wiring harness.... lol

anyways if you bought the 04-05 fog wiring harness then you should not have a bit of difficulty. For some reason every time I installed 01-03 the wiring harness were wierd, but 04-05 were always a piece of cake.

whats crappy about the harness?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
if you cant post pics just draw the wires on mspaint with the color of the wire and indicate where each wire is connected to. shouldnt take you more than 4min.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts