Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i just got a whole exhaust installed yesterday. its from the header and back, no cat, no resonator so its really loud. does anyone in illinois know what the fine is and what the consequeneses are ? i know almost everything changed since the beginning of january 1st... im kind of scared to get pulled over now.

·
Premium Member
36,802 Posts
well i like in NJ and i had the same set up. header, race cat, no res to a muffler..and it was very loud 2, but no one gave me shit..just let off the gas or take it out of gear passing a cop..lol

·
yeah...u mad lol
6,883 Posts
Sounds to me like a personal problem lol. I say get a quieter exhuast. Why have a noisey exhuast? Makes me want to paintball cars passing by my house. Are you turbo or what?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im n/a. im running full straight piping 2.5 from header and back. i installed it cuz i had an exhaust leak like no other and they dont have after market decent sounding exhaust fo an LX header due to the downpipe length differences so i got one custom made. i just hope that the law isnt that eFed up ... =/ oh and thanks for the tip adam, i think i know lol. btw im picking up the foglights this saturday and the intake too maybe.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
for one, in illinois your exhaust cannot be modified in any way other than stock... many people do it but like adam said, dont be stupid. my can is obnoxiously huge and pretty loud at wot. put your resonator and ur cat back on and you'll be fine. removing them doesnt do anything for our cars except make the exhaust sound raspy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts