Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As you might assume, I love this car! It has 86K miles and some needed repairs:

-sway bar links & bushings replacement(front)
-major oil leak needs diagnosis
-right front cv joint boot ripped

I want to get this car fully fixed so I can begin to pursue the fun of modding! I'll be looking for some advice on the above issues since I'm new to working on cars. I have no experience but I believe in the specificity of this website and in the enthusiasm these cars can inspire here, and everywhere else.

Looking forward to being a part of the continued enrichment of this forum. Thanks in advance!
z

**UPDATE**
The oil leaks were diagnosed: valve cover gasket, cam cap plug and the oil pan gasket. Fixed & feeling much better! Lower ball joint boot got replaced, too. (It wasn't the CV joint) Got these two issues fixed at the Honda dealership for $636.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. :wave: There's plenty of good info on here. :tup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I added a profile pic of my interior and used the close-up of my suicide knob as my avatar! I'm actually not nearly hardcore enough to warrant anything with a skull & red eyes, but it was a gift from my dad when I first got the car and it makes driving a manual a breeze (especially when I angle it inward to create a smaller effective steering radius:dance:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts