Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

Electrical problems with door locks, interior lights

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Violetcivic 
#1 ·
Hey guys!
Well I got following problem:
When I open door and turn ignition off interior lights disappear. same thing with central lock- when doors are closed and engine is running central lock is working, when I try to lock door from outside with key it doesn't work.
What I checked so far: ALL fuses are ok!!!
My assumption is that there is some kind of constant 12V power supply failure.
All this happened when my stereo died. Well, the constant 12V died... Problem was that there was some kind handsfree system and some dumbass cut all the wires but "forgot" to take the whole system out... result was that bare wires were touching metal. I removed whole handsfree assembly and found melted wire.
I replaced this damn wire and everything start to work again- for a week...
Any ideas?
I cannot find good wiring diagram. maybe somebody had the same or similar issue.
I understand that I need to supply 12V power to something but I do not know where shall I search for failure.

#2 ·
Well, looks like nobody had ever the same problem.
My solution- I took resistor box, using multimeter found pins that are on common line with constant 12V supply for stereo, find out that there is no 12V supply on them and applied fused 12V wire that comes directly from battery to one of the pins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.