Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So since so many people have been asking how to wire up cruise control after auto to manual swap without using manual dash harness I decided to make a Diy

This is how I wired my 2002 lx it may not be the best way to do it but I've been running like this for going on 4 years now without any problems.

Here are all the tools I used:
Crimp on connectors for 14-16 wire
Wire crimpers and cutters
Wire strippers
Electric tape
Some 14-16 gauge wire. Any color is fine I used blue.

1.) Take the bottom panel off to get access to the clutch pedal sensors.

2.)Take bottom clutch switch and ground black wire somewhere.
(Note for those without pigtails for clutch sensors: When looking at the switches the left side is blue and the right side is black
[Blue]-[Black] )

3.) Remove the stock air box or aftermarket intake so you have more room to work

4.) Then take the light blue wire from the bottom clutch switch and crimp a long wire to it and run through the firewall all the way to the cruise control box.

5.) Unplug the connector that goes into the side of the cruise control box so you have easier time opening the harness

6.) In the wire harness that goes to the cruise control box find the light blue wire with two silver dashes on it. Its should be the 3rd wire from the left on the top row and cut it and wire it to bottom clutch sensor switch wire you ran.

7.) Tape the harness back up all nice. Put intake back on and check that all the connections are good.

If all went right cruise control should work and if your press on the clutch or the brake while cruise control is on it should deactivate it just like oem.

·
I Quit, So What?
5,818 Posts
Very nice diy. I would do this but I just removed my cc and put my catch can there. This will help out a lot of people tho. +1 for you.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
you wont have this if you dont have the manual dash harness. there are no clutch clips on the auto dash harness.
If I had the manual dash harness I wouldnt have had to wire the sensors in because they would have just plugged in and worked.

Yes, but that's why this DIY explains how to wire it without the manual dash harness.

I can buy the switch part separately, but I won't have the plug that goes into the switch, so I wanted to know which pin is the ground and which pin is the blue wire
When looking at the switches the left side is blue and the right side is black
[Blue]-[Black] And thanks I updated DIY incase anyone else dosent have pigtails to go with clutch sensors.

excellent DIY man, good writeup
Thx :tup:

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
just attempted this today on my 2003 LX with K20A2 swap.

realized that i have no blue wire that red_sun talks about in the cruise control plug harness. and his harness plug looks like it has way more wires than mine. I only have 4 wires, from left to right black, brown, brown-white, yellow.

i assumed its still the same 3rd wire from the left on the top row... although my plug only had one set of rows anyway.

gonna go test it out.. hopefully nothing blows up in my car. if it doesnt work. well then i completly give up and call it a day.

·
Registered
287 Posts
So the light blue wire that he cuts by the cruise control unit runs into the glove box compartment if your still running the Auto engine harness. Attach your pedal switch to the green with yellow stripe wire that goes into the useless black plug. This way your dont have to run a wire into your engine bay.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My cruise light on the dash comes on for a second and then turns off without setting cruise. I tried wiring it this way and it wouldn't come on at all so I wired it back to how it was. Any thoughts? I replaced the actuator under the hood and the module under the dash as well, no luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
just attempted this today on my 2003 LX with K20A2 swap.

realized that i have no blue wire that red_sun talks about in the cruise control plug harness. and his harness plug looks like it has way more wires than mine. I only have 4 wires, from left to right black, brown, brown-white, yellow.

i assumed its still the same 3rd wire from the left on the top row... although my plug only had one set of rows anyway.

gonna go test it out.. hopefully nothing blows up in my car. if it doesnt work. well then i completly give up and call it a day.

For anyone who has a 4 pin connector at the cruise control box under the hood. Under the dash to the left of the fuse box is a black box with a 14 pin connector, this is the control unit for the cruise control. There is a light blue wire with a silver line through it, Cut and wire to the blue wire from the clutch switch, only 6" away from eachother and voila!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Any chance you could take some pics to show us how it looks after you did all the wiring?

For anyone who has a 4 pin connector at the cruise control box under the hood. Under the dash to the left of the fuse box is a black box with a 14 pin connector, this is the control unit for the cruise control. There is a light blue wire with a silver line through it, Cut and wire to the blue wire from the clutch switch, only 6" away from eachother and voila!

·
Registered
302 Posts
For anyone else with a manual swap using automatic engine harness and auto ecu. The black plug that goes into the ecu my wire was blue with a yellow stripe (01 ex coupe) wired that to the clutch switch and the cruise control worked but got a cel for a/t range short circuit. So I snipped the wire on the ecu side of the harness and heat shrinked the wire so it won't ground out. Works perfect and has no issues what so ever. Oh and BTW I don't have any wiring dine under the dash, just have the a/t range switch under the hood left in park. Hope this helps some other people!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts