Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
that's where i bought the dead pedal for my fg2. they're reputable on 8thgencivic. i guess... i'm planning to order the dc5 looking pedals for my car too.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the momo knobs do not screw on to the shifter rod, they use set screws to attach to the shifter rod, the boot colars then screws on the knob outer threads.

MOMO KNOB

MOMO knob with set screws (not internal threads) and knob outer collar unscrewed:

Then the MOMO "Endurance Finisher" as they are called, screw to the bottom of the knob above:

still need help understanding!?

·
Retired Mod
10,303 Posts
Good stuff. Going on my list of stuff to buy.

·
I love Greenie
14,505 Posts
interesting... how in the hell would you get the boot off and everything else? Because if you zip tie it to the shifter and you try to take it off, it's just going to twist the boot.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
interesting... how in the hell would you get the boot off and everything else? Because if you zip tie it to the shifter and you try to take it off, it's just going to twist the boot.
well I believe that the center console must come off to get the boot off. I'd then untie the boot or cut the zip tie, Or use a "O" ring

·
I love Greenie
14,505 Posts
hmmm... I just don't see how it's going to work. Unless i'm wrong, but the boot is attached to the console. You have to unscrew the shift knob to take off the console. Once you put that collar on the shift boot... how are you going to screw that ON to the shifter without spinning/twisting the boot?

Unless you can take off the shift boot while the console is intact... i don't think you can so that's why i'm clueless.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok
take off console
thread on that piece
then with the consol above the shifter do this

disreguard allen wrench.

Then set the console down and attach it, then screw the knob or allen wrench the knob down.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
how do you attach the boot to the console after you put back on the console?
You leave the boot attached to the console, or attached the new boot to the console before doing the steps mentioned above.

My thread isn't about doing a boot swap just attching the boot to that threaded piece so the boot doesn't sag.

·
I love Greenie
14,505 Posts
Who cares what the thread is for... if you don't want to help then don't. These are questions about the collar piece. I know how to take apart the console.

I just don't see how it works... I understand that you take the Console off, attached the new or old boot. I just don't see how you can ZIP tie the collar piece to the boot and then attempt to screw back on the collar piece without twisting/ripping the boot off. Unless you twist the whole console with it.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Who cares what the thread is for... if you don't want to help then don't. These are questions about the collar piece. I know how to take apart the console.

I just don't see how it works... I understand that you take the Console off, attached the new or old boot. I just don't see how you can ZIP tie the collar piece to the boot and then attempt to screw back on the collar piece without twisting/ripping the boot off. Unless you twist the whole console with it.
Calm down, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.

I understand you. But really how often are you going to have to do that?

Eeven with the set screw model on club rsx you'll have to ligt of the center console.

oh well love it or leave it. I'm probibly gunna buy it for $16.00 when i decide what threaded knob i want. then i'll follow up with images and a DIY.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts