Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Anybody....please somebody how can I wire up reverse lights with auto dash and auto engine harness and man ecu. I looked for like an hour at this and could not find said wires from any above post. I also tried myself and ended up blowing my cluster fuse so I really don't want to try and mess with it and fo mote damage. Help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well yeah I guess um just going to have to pick up a engine harness cause I need the lights fixed ASAP

·
Registered
287 Posts
So it took me 6 months but I figure out how to do this with a Auto Dash, Auto Engine harness and manual ecu. The green and yellow wire that he cuts from the grey plug come from the manual engine harness. So if you dont have a manual harness you need to run 2 wires to the reverse switch which is located on top of the transmission. Run both wires to the glove box area. I used 2 wires that were connected to black plug that now does nothing because those were wires for the automatic tranny. Now the relay that he talks about has 4 wires going into it. Pull the relay out. Connect spades to the 2 wires that you ran from the transmission switch to the glove box area and plug one of them into one of the yellow wires (make sure that the yellow wire is hot, both of mine were) Than plug the other wire that came from the transmission into the green wire with black stripe or the white wire (depending on what your you have) That should be it.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
after years of driving with no reverse lights i come across this thread. i will be looking at this today when i get home from work.:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

·
Registered
6 Posts
auto harness auto dash harness auto ecu, i'm grabbing any two wires that reach the reverse switch and cutting the auto ecu plug, then one to reverse relay yellow and one to reverse relay green!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts