Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just installed these and figured it wouldn't hurt to document them for future reference. This installation was done on a sedan AKA ES1

Tools you'll need:

14mm deep socket
flat head screw driver

All steps go according to the pictures I've attached.

STEP 1:

You'll have to remove the trunk liners. Remove the trunk trim, it's the hard plastic piece right in front of you. Just pull up to remove.

STEP 2:

There are three plastic clips you will need to remove. Two of the clips require a flat head screw driver to twist out. The third one you'll have to pull it out carefully. If you pull it too fast or hard you will break the clip.

When you do one side, repeat for the other.

STEP 3:

Now there is one plastic clip that you'll have to remove from the rear seat side. Fold down your rear seats and kinda tucked away behind the side bolsters you'll see a plastic clip. You might not have to remove the bolsters. I did it just cause I needed to do something else at the time.

If you need to remove the bolsters, there is a 10mm nut on the bottom that you will have to remove. To get to it just press down on the seat cushion where the bolster meets.

STEP 4:

Remove all the trunk liners and you'll see where the strut tower bar needs to go. Remove the two nuts with your 14mm socket.

Repeat for the other side.

STEP 5:

Install the strut tower bar and revers the steps to put everything back together.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
^ don't forget to torque those nuts. they'd cause annoyance otherwise. i forget the value

·
Registered
324 Posts
It can cause oversteer because it stiffens the unibody and therefore permits less body flex which would cause less changes in suspension geometry and gets rid of understeer a little in theory. In all honesty you will get much better results with a rear sway bar but if you all ready have every other suspension part beefed up than yes you can get a little out of this but you wont even notice it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts