2,992 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is there any benefit replacing them?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
About to install mine but just wanted to clarify...for those who have installed them... was your alignment affected? I wouldn't think it would be because everything is the same length, toe&camber wasn't touched. Right?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I haven't got my car aligned after I installed them but she still drives straight and didn't have any problem after they were installed.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I haven't got my car aligned after I installed them but she still drives straight and didn't have any problem after they were installed.
thanks for replying :) i'm a little more confident now to install them because getting alignments around here is a bitttznch cus alignment shops always tries to make $$ when you go in.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
So tonight i finally had an hr to try to attempt putting my Megan LCAs on....but hit another bump (as usual) The bolts came off perfectly fine (yay!) but the LCA WOULDN'T drop....WTF right? The other time when i took off my driver side rear lca it dropped it like its hott.... For my attempt tonight, the passenger side just wouldn't give way to drop down...all 4 bolts were off but the LCA just didn't fall.... so attempt #1 failed....will try again soon =(

p.s I'm still very WTF about why it didn't just fall down...

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
did you take a hammer to it?
Wacked it a few times with a rubber mallet and a phat hammer but didn't have enough leverage to use good power. Will lift the car higher next time around and have all my tools on me before trying.

Is there a particular way to pull the arms off? Because there's a angle/bracket-like-spot where the subframe connects to the LCA. I thought maybe I wasn't pulling it correctly but yet again it didn't seem like there was a way around it.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
My 2nd attempt at this was successful! Driver side came off again without any problems and I used a bar to wedge out the passenger side lca. Woot!

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 2nd attempt at this was successful! Driver side came off again without any problems and I used a bar to wedge out the passenger side lca. Woot!
I have the same problem with my bolts going back in, but I got the Function 7 LCA. I bought a tap and die set and will try again in the morning. Did you get yours installed successfully?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I have the same problem with my bolts going back in, but I got the Function 7 LCA. I bought a tap and die set and will try again in the morning. Did you get yours installed successfully?

yepp. just took some convincing and wiggling like obk said :D

·
Registered
142 Posts

And a comparison between the two

Need help guys. Mine look like the first picture, but did not come with the metal insert where the 3 bolts go like in the second pic.. Does it matter if I do not have that piece?

21 - 40 of 54 Posts