Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
I love Greenie
14,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the Link that i pretty much followed and read over: http://www.spcperformance.com/PROD_DIR/PERF_TECH_DIR/PROJCAR1/SPCPerf_PROJCAR1E.html

It's pretty much common sense, there's not too much to this DIY but i'm sure it could be useful to some.

DIY Rear Camber Kit Install

Difficulty: 1 out of 10 (1 being the easiest)

Time required: About an hour

Hardware required: None, it's all included in the kit

Purpose of this product:
To adjust the camber of your wheels.

Tools Required:

- 19mm Socket (For lugnuts)
- 17mm Socket/Socket Wrench
- 17mm Wrench (If you'd prefer that)

The Product:

The Install:

1. Loosen your Lugnuts and take off your wheels:

2. Take your 17mm Wrench and loosen the 3 bolts on the OEM camber and remove the camber:

3. Take your OEM camber kit and compare it to your Adjustable camber kit and resize the adjustable one to the same length as your OEM one. You can go ahead and toy with it until you get your wheels aligned to your liking.

Finished product:

**After you're done installing i highly suggest you take it in for an alignment**

·
I love Greenie
14,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't even remember, i bought this a year ago and finally got off my ass to do it... I think they run about $80-$100 for the rear and $20-$30 for the fronts.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Very nice DIY. I have a set of ingalls that i have been waiting to install so i guess i will do that soon. What did you torque the bolts down too?

·
I love Greenie
14,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read it is supposed to be 43 ft/lbs... But i don't have a torque wrench so i just hand tightened.

·
Retired Mod
10,303 Posts
Good DIY. About time you started working on your car again.

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
Its pretty good, you left out a couple steps.. lol

Before you can take the wheel off you need to jack the car up.
And on the wheel side of the OEM camber, the Nut is welded on to the bar. So you need to loosen from the non welded side.

·
Rated H for Honda
6,735 Posts
Stock: Welded on nut.

Hardware Req: New #12 bolt and matching nut.

just a note, about hardware. the spc camber kit didnt have a welded on nut like the stockers. you either have to take the bolt to the hardware store (12x1.25) and find a matching nut. or buy a seperate bolt and nut. which is what he/we had to do. as you can see in the pics that nut and bolt is brand new shiny silver. he used locktite blue (non perm) for it, and im sure its well past the 43 lb/ft requirement. it shouldnt move. just remember if you do have to buy a nut/bolt for it thats its a #12 in size and just to get matching thread pitch. that is all.

·
The Almighty
25,301 Posts
mine came with nuts and bolts necessary to do this, thats weird urs didnt, u sure u didnt just lose it ryan?

·
Rated H for Honda
6,735 Posts
well in that case, it prob did. his kit did sit around for a good year. so he might have lost them.

if it does come with nec hardware lol, dont mind my post. if it doesnt, all you need is #12 size bolt and matching thread pitch nut.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Very nice DIY. I have a set of ingalls that i have been waiting to install so i guess i will do that soon. What did you torque the bolts down too?
x2 i got me a set of Ingalls sittn at home too, Great DIY bout time someone posted this up on here

·
I love Greenie
14,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i'm pretty sure it was supposed to come with the hardware, i either lost mine during the move or i didn't get the hardware.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
you might want to add that the upper camber arms have 2 different shaped holes where it bolts on to the body of the car where the bushing is. one is a oval and one is a circle, the oval hole on the arm has to be bolted on closest to the front of the car first then the circle facing the rear of the car last.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Yeah i'm pretty sure it was supposed to come with the hardware, i either lost mine during the move or i didn't get the hardware.
Well i just checked my ingalls kit that i have only opened once until today and mine has the nut and washer but no bolt. Also are you suppose to reuse the factory bolts where the camber arm bolt to the body of the car?So i dont know what that is about unless that is how the kit comes.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts