Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
K-Series Legend
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is actually a pretty simple install once you see it done once. It will take you about 45 min from start to finish to get it all put together and put back on the car. *then the amount of time you spend to set the hight and throw is up to you*

The only tools you need, are the ones that came with it *2 Allen wrenches*, a 12mm socket, a hammer and a flathead screwdriver.

The first part of the DIY is Exposing the shifter its self so it can be removed:

Next you must disconnect the shift linkage from the shifter as well as the body of the shifter (the body is done by 2 clips):

Now you can unbolt the shifter:

Now on to the fun part disassembly and assembly of the shifter:

Make sure you have all the pieces ready to go!

here what you need:

·
K-Series Legend
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Slide the shifter to the rear position:

with a flathead screwdriver and a hammer break the small collar that holds the shift leave inside:

Now remove it:

You may now remove the shift lever:

IT SHOULD NOT HAVE BLACK GREASE IN IT! If yours is dirty CLEAN IT!

Clean now!

·
K-Series Legend
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its at this point that you can change your shifter bushing if you want:

Once it has been disassembled it can now be re-assembled, make sure you lube your ball:

insert it into shifter:

install the for-aft assembly:

Re-install the ball holder:

and finally install the piece to hold it all together *suppled with P-Spec shifter*

It may be a little tight so you may need to use the flathead and hammer to push it down.

With that installed your P-spec shifter should be ready to go!

all you have to do now is reinstall in the car, and take a series of test drives to set the shifter hight and throw to your desired specs!

·
K-Series Legend
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn just delete my post, thin skinned r u?
I was still posting my DIY didnt wnat a comment in the middle..

and ide tell you how it feels but i ran into my own problem:

don't worry my new shifter didn't do that... i broke all of this at the drag strip last weekend. Just discovered it when i couldn't go into any of my up gears ie: 1,3,5... and i looked in my shifter to see the little plastic ball had broken as well.

·
K-Series Legend
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
damn you BG. I want that kit so bad. I still don't know if I want to fork over the change for it though. How does it feel? take more pics after you reinstall the console. I would like to see how low it will actually go. Who knows, maybe if a vendor picks this up i might actually buy one.

·
K-Series Legend
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally got to use this after getting some shifter cables in today.. AND HOLY CRAP! thats all i can say.. flick my fingers and im in gear! LMAO.. i cant get my foot to go that fast yet lol. But soon. I could see how this could shave time off my 1/4 mile lol. Post some pics up later! Not to mention there are no more squishy shifts! LOL

·
K-Series Legend
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts